Guest Services Manager
Company: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Wyndham Charleston - Mills House
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for ensuring the
operation of the Guest Services, Concierge and Uniformed
Services/Transportation in an attentive, friendly, efficient and
courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior
to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and
Education & Experience:
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets
and word processing.
- Must have a valid driver's license from the applicable
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe
and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservations,
comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive,
courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Guest Services
personnel according to Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
- Carry a cell phone at all times.
- Prepare and conduct all Guest Services interviews and follow
hiring procedures according to Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
Analyze rate varience, monitor credit report and maintain close
observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house
daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Review Guest Services staff's worked hours for payroll
compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast,
payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and
- Maintain Wyndham S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering
of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Ensure that Wage Progress, Productivity and the Ten Day
Forecast are completed on a timely basis according to Wyndham
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned
checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies,
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
employees maintain Wyndham S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front
Desk in accordance with Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules.
Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position for Guest
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Must maintain constant communication with Housekeeping,
Reservations and the Credit Manager.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating
with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the
Wyndham philosophy of service.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front
- Follow and enforce all Wyndham hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies
according to Wyndham standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Wyndham Way
- Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in
contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated
by Night Audit.
- Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily
- Be familiar with all corporate sponsored programs such as
airline mileage, Triple Upgrade, or V.I.P. programs, and the
standards and procedures for each.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with
documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts,
reports and tracking logs.
- Conduct meetings according to Wyndham standards as required by
Keywords: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Charleston , Guest Services Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!