Company: The Mills House - A Wyndham Grand
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Wyndham is now seeking a Restaurant Server to join our team at the
Wyndham Charleston - Mills House location in Charleston, South
Carolina. Job Summary The Outlet Server is responsible for
providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive,
courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for
receiving and delivering guests orders and collecting payment.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred. Physical Requirements
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout the dining area while
carrying full trays of food & beverages. General Requirements
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times. Fundamental
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s),
lounges, and Room Service and know the function of each job
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an
attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Pre-bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing
end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties
according to station rotation assignment and established
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and
- Keep all beverages at least ¾ full (coffee, tea, soda, water,
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom
according to established standards.
- Answer the telephone according to standards.
- Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to
- Be familiar with fire extinguishers, locations and know how to
- Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction. COMPANY OVERVIEW: Wyndham
Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a
leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across
9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most
diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic
brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the
business, make hotel travel possible for all. Our hotel owners are
the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday
travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our
robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale
brands-delivers just that. We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont®
by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels
and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham,
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta®
Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham,
Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark
Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®,
Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham
Hotels and Resorts®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices
around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more,
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members
worldwide. Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Wyndham Charleston - Mills House, 115 Meeting Street,
Charleston, South Carolina 29401 Employment Status: Full-time
Please see Description
Keywords: The Mills House - A Wyndham Grand, Charleston , Restaurant Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!