Senior Software Engineer - Wdata
Company: Workiva, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation
collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride
ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to
business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We
hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are
hungry to tackle some of today s most challenging problems. Workiva
started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Our
platform simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in
sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of companies globally,
including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total
revenue, use our platform.
Workiva is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join its Scout
Team. This team s chief responsibility is supporting the
prototyping, validation, and commercialization of new product
capabilities that unlock opportunity and accelerate growth in
target markets. Scout Team is an entrepreneurial, agile, and highly
collaborative group comprised of diverse skill sets. Team members
work across all functional areas of the company and collaborate
with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to drive
success. Workiva s Scout Team provides unique visibility into the
build- launch- scale lifecycle in a successful and growing
enterprise SaaS company.
Owns well-defined product features, products or systems from
beginning to end
* Deliver and document team or group level technical solutions
* Perform Code Reviews within your group s products, components,
and solutions; involve external stakeholders (Ex. Security,
Architecture) where appropriate
* Test software and write automated tests (unit, integration,
functional, etc) with Wdesk solutions in mind
* Debug and troubleshoot components across multiple service and
* Engage with support teams in triaging and resolving production
* Estimate (or assist in estimating) work at a team or project
* Participate in product discovery activities with customers and
* Establish key metrics to identify problems, suggest solutions,
and drive resolution.
* Mentor other engineers both technically and culturally
* Communicate complex technical issues to both technical and
* May participate in Architecture Guilds related to their taxonomy
* May lead interns
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Minimum two years related experience, typical five years
* Demonstrated expertise in programming to include a solid
foundation in computer science, with competencies one or more of:
data structures, algorithms, object-oriented software design, and
working with cloud-based distributed systems.
* Demonstrated expertise working in Object Oriented programming
Python, or C#
* Expertise debugging complex systems or applications
* Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Mobile
computing, relational databases, database design, Google Cloud
Platform, Amazon Web Services, knowledge of HTTP and web protocols
are a plus
* Experience using one or more commercial databases
* Experience building one or more of unit, integration, functional
user acceptance, or contract tests
* Experience as a technical mentor preferred
* Experience leading projects or teams preferred
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Experience developing for service oriented architecture is a
* Experience with Docker or other container systems is a plus
* Experience with active or passive monitoring is a plus
* B.S./M.S. in CS/SE/EE/CE/related field or equivalent
* Up to 20% travel
* May require after-hours support to resolve critical customer
WHERE YOU LL WORK
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these
values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team
members, build our products and in the work environment we ve
* CUSTOMER SUCCESS: Always delight our customers.
* TRUST: Rely on each other.
* INTEGRITY: Do the right thing, every time.
* COLLABORATION: Share resources and work together.
* INNOVATION: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
* INCLUSION: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique
culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday.
We give our employees the freedom and resources they need backed by
our culture of collaboration and diverse thought to continue
innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a
wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some
of today s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you ll enjoy:
* FANTASTIC BENEFITS: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
* CASUAL DRESS: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people
wear jeans to the office.
* INVOLVEMENT: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups,
(Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow
(LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide
celebrations, and more
* WORK-LIFE BALANCE: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental
Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside
LEARN MORE: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
Keywords: Workiva, Inc., Charleston , Senior Software Engineer - Wdata, IT / Software / Systems , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!