Senior Linux Systems Engineer, Shared Services
Posted on: August 28, 2020
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Senior Production System Engineer to work
among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective bulk
email operations support and for engineering innovative
infrastructure and application solutions with increasing
reliability, scalability, supportability and security. You will
play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model
while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current
co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and
physical infrastructure and application solutions. You'll use your
advanced technology and automation skills to meet the demands of
rapidly evolving technologies, while relentlessly pursuing
opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase
As a System Engineer on the Infrastructure Engineering Cloud
Operations/Shared Services team you will support our bulk email
clients in overcoming delivery and deliverability issues by
managing our fleet of Mail Transfer Agents, providing data
concerning complex Internet Service Provider/Mailbox Provider
issues, and supporting an application infrastructure responsible
for sending billions of email messages annually.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported
applications, systems and environments by proactively monitoring
and responding to events.
- Own your responsibilities with a customer-first mindset,
alignment on business priorities, focus on operational
effectiveness metrics (SLA/OLAs) and drive to predictably and
efficiently deliver on your commitments.
- You will work directly with Development and Customer Success
teams to improve our overall bulk email sending program acting as
subject matter expert around all things email.
- You will play an integral role in the transition to cloud
infrastructure of Email Services.
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment
processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management
measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Drive incident response with relentless focus on restoration of
service, followed by tenacious pursuit of root cause and permanent
- Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands
to rapidly evolving email technologies.
What we'll want you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
Information Technology or equivalent related work experience
- Demonstrated experience in Linux administration
- Working knowledge of Database and Web server Administration
(Microsoft SQL and IIS preferred)
- Basic knowledge of bulk mail sending best practices including
IP/domain reputation, authentication (DKIM, SPF, DMARC)
- Demonstrated experience with one or more scripting languages
(Bash, Microsoft PowerShell)
- Experience with source control technologies required
- A minimum of 5 years in the implementation of cloud
technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models
preferred (Microsoft Azure and AWS)
- Practical experience in software engineering best practices
such as design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for
production-impacting incidents or key customer events
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive
salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K
match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities
to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs
like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for
Diversity 2019, Forbes America's Best Midsize Employer 2019, and
AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are
rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on
teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous
company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working
environments in all of our offices around the world, including;
North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies
to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in
Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn
Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin,
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by
federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Blackbaud, Charleston , Senior Linux Systems Engineer, Shared Services, IT / Software / Systems , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!