Company: Hotel Bennett
Posted on: September 10, 2023
The IT Manager is responsible for the successful hands-on
leadership with implementing & maintaining the information and
Telecom systems for the Hotel. The IT Manager must ensure that all
systems are operating properly, while focusing on providing service
professional satisfaction. Candidate should be able to function
with minimal supervision and be able to adapt to changes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain essential IT infrastructure, including operating
systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems,
laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Take responsibility for projects and solutions within the larger
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
- Analyze departmental needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost
productivity, efficiency, and accuracy to inform business
- Ensure network components work together seamlessly to meet
business needs, using their full range of capabilities, and stay
informed about new features and competitor solutions
- Analyze processes, technologies, and vendors continually to find
areas for improvement
- Prepare cost-benefit analyses when upgrades are necessary, and
monitor vendors to ensure that they are offering the best-possible
service and value for business needs
- Train employees to use software and hardware; troubleshoot issues
and provide technical support when needed
- Execute disaster planning and maintain data backups
- Must understand property technology systems such as PMS & POS,
Familiarity with industry systems including those currently in use
by Salamander Collection such as Springer Miller, Simphony, Opera,
SpaSoft and Nuvola.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting PMS, POS and credit card
gateway systems and working with vendors to drive resolution.
- Must have in depth understanding of routing and switching.
Preferred to have CCNA certification. Must know how to configure
and troubleshoot network equipment, cabling, patch panel & know how
to troubleshoot networking issues.
- Fortigate firewall, HP switches, LAN, WAN, VLAN, TCP/IP, VoIP,
DHCP, FTP, DNS, RDS, SMB, VPN, SSL.
- Active Directory, GPO management, RD Gateway Terminal Server
- Xen Server / VMWare server and virtual server administration,
maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Windows Server 2012 to 2019, WSUS, windows updates, Remote
Desktop Services, IIS, SSL certificates.
- SAN and NAS Storage, iSCSI, Fibre Channel
- Office 365 hosted email service and Office applications, MS
Teams, End Point protection, web filtering solutions.
- Must have experience in using IT help desk tools such as
Connectwise and IT Glue.
- Documentation and SOP for IT systems, procedures, and any
information related to the operation of the department such as IP
spreadsheets, software/license/certificate renewal schedule
- Communicate effectively with guests and other departments.
- Ability to work with hotel teams and regional leadership to
understand needs and clearly articulate solutions
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of
all job functions; a service professional may perform other duties
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Computer Science or related
discipline and/or or three to five (3-5) years related
- Microsoft MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer);
- Experience working with remote users (connectivity, access,
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out
IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Experience in Hotel Technology is strongly preferred.
- Preferred project management skills and strong ability to
- Ability to manage internal and external resources to address
day-to-day needs for applications troubleshooting and issues
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working with remote users (connectivity, access,
- Read and interpret documents in English such as periodicals,
journals and manuals
- Able to write for various channels, routine reports,
correspondence, business letters, summaries using prescribed format
and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and
- Ability to speak effectively before groups such as business
partners, clients or employees
- Apply common sense understanding to business and social
situations and in carrying out instructions furnished in written,
oral or diagram form
- Able to apply mathematical skills to interpret financial
information and to prepare reports and budgets
- Read and interpret business records and statistical reports
- Make business decisions based on reports and facts, as well as on
experience and personal insight
- Experience in fast paced environment in which they have shown
they can conduct multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must contain the following characteristics: a) Confident; b)
Flexible; c) Detail oriented; d) Self-starter; e) Adapt to change
easily; f) Team player willing to do whatever it takes to meet
goals and objectives; g) Drive for continuous improvement
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, clear verbal and written
- Candidate must have attention to detail, be able to multi-task,
must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment,
experience handling customer service issues and be a team
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or
mouse, and to handle other computer components
- Occasional lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects,
such as computers and peripherals
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All
aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence,
performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law. Salamander is a
drug-free workplace and participant in E-Verify.
Keywords: Hotel Bennett, Charleston , IT Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!