Senior Software Engineer - Shared Services
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we're inspired by the opportunity to help them.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Shared Services Team, you will be responsible for helping to develop and enhance our merchant services offering as it penetrates into new markets, sustain our existing payments business, and help drive innovation in our software. We are seeking energetic software engineers that have a proven track record of developing solutions for payment services. Join our team of passionate engineers and help us develop world-class software that helps one non-profit at a time.
Our Senior Software Engineers are the technical leads in designing and implementing complex modules and subsystems in a large application. They are involved with requirements definition, application architectural design, and heavily involved in the development process.
- Implement important elements of the payments software architecture and application infrastructure. This includes application database design, architecture design, writing re-usable code, components and application functionality.
- Work with Principal Software Engineers to define the application architecture and create software design for key elements of the application.
- Implement complex components of the application
- Evaluate performance of key elements of the application functionality and tune the performance to cover the range of customer use.
- As the technical lead for a project, work with the manager to assign tasks to developers and monitor their progress against project milestones. Perform design reviews and code reviews for project staff.
- Perform design reviews and code reviews for project staff. Provide scheduling estimates and assist with the scheduling process.
- Mentor other team members in application development techniques and database implementation.
- Participate in the definition of development processes.
- Provide input to managers on the performance of team members for use in their reviews and participates in the interview process of new candidates.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing secure applications using OWASP guidelines is a plus
- Minimum 5 years' experience in software development; experience in implementing web services
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of .NET and object oriented development concepts
- Understanding of SOA principles and implementation methodologies
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL, experience with SQL Server 2008 / 2012 preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starter, results-oriented team player willing to do "whatever it takes" in a dynamic and stimulating environment
- In-depth understanding of several key application architecture elements; able to appropriately apply these elements in the implementation of application functionality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts to build superior software products
- Experience building high performance, scalable, robust, 24x7 applications
- Ability to lead technical development projects
- Recognized as a role model for mid-sized teams
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes' Fast Tech 25 and Fortune's Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, caf--, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Blackbaud, Charleston , Senior Software Engineer - Shared Services, IT / Software / Systems , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!