Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
The Associate Scientist, Formulations is accountable for driving
results in a fast-paced environment by supporting pre-formulation
laboratory activities for early stage Formulation development of
liquids and solid drug products of new chemical entities or new
dosage forms for existing drugs. The Associate Scientist will
develop sterile parenterals and oral liquids, lyophilized products,
liposomal delivery systems and oral solid dose including both
immediate and sustained/modified release. The role will contribute
to the solution of complex problems in which analysis of situations
or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. The
Associate Scientist will exercise judgment within broadly defined
practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and
evaluation criteria for obtaining results. The Associate Scientist
will determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may
provide guidance, mentoring and training to other personnel. The
position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core
competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in
functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Performs laboratory work related to the development of
formulations for pharmaceutical dosage forms.
* Develops solutions, lyophilized injectables, oral liquids, solids
formulations of oral capsules, immediate or modified release
tablets, or topicals.
* Writes client reports.
* Provides support in corporate research and development of patent
* Demonstrates working knowledge of scientific principles.
* Prepares summaries of observations, capable of verbal and written
presentations to peers.
* Maintains a high level of professional expertise through
familiarity with scientific literature.
* Interacts with clients and participates in FDA and/or client
* Participates in scientific conferences and contributes to
* Writes SOPs, training modules, specifications and summary
* Assists in implementation of new methods/processes to solve
* Updates all stability tables and maintains organized product
* Maintains working knowledge of instrumentation, equipment and
scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned tasks.
* Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule according to
standard operating procedures and supervisor instructions.
* Maintains basic understanding of underlying scientific
* Analyzes information for technical correctness and accuracy.
* Complies with GLPs and SOPs and transcribes data and information
accurately. Peer checks information and signs for GLP review.
Brings aberrant information to the attention of supervisor and
executes minor QA deviations per standard operating procedures.
* Participates in company sponsored training and maintains current
status of certifications.
* Provides technical training and leadership for subordinate
* Demonstrates company loyalty in relations with Company personnel
* Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment free of
* Enters project hours promptly and updates project status on
appropriate tracking and/or timekeeping systems.
* Suggests improvements for safety, work quality and
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or
related field with 5+ years of experience; OR
* Master s Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or related
field with 2+ years of related experience.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Extensive knowledge of Chemistry and scientific calculations.
* Extensive Laboratory Skills (equipment usage, terminology,
* General working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including
Word and Excel.
* General working knowledge of Lab Techniques (i.e.
* Good understanding of GLP/GMP Policies/Regulations.
* General working knowledge of Spectroscopy (i.e. UV, IR, AA),
Titronics (i.e. KF).
* Ability to efficiently organize routine work with minimum
supervision and to properly evaluate and interpret generated data
* Ability to work well in a team setting and to collaborate across
* Ability to plan and schedule multiple tasks.
* Ability to work with potent compounds and controlled substances
as well as meet timelines.
* Up to 5% travel required.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life,
accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
past or present military service, marital status, gender
identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic
characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
* Back Share
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Charleston , Scientist-Formulations, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!