Company: Bishop Gadsden
Posted on: October 18, 2020
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
OBJECTIVE:The purpose of this position is to assist in the service
of meals to our resident customers in the WinninghamCourt Dining
room and through Catering services. This position is responsible
for maintaining the quality ofcustomer service guidelines as set
forth by the Bishop Gadsden Community.
Be BG - Why Work for us:
BENEFITS FOR BISHOP GADSDEN TEAM MEMBERS
- End-of-the-Year Bonus
- Scholarship Opportunities for Education and Student
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program
- Cash-In Unused Paid Time-Off
- 401(k) Matching Retirement Plan
- eLearning Classes and Certificates
- Monthly Employee Celebrations with Gift Card Giveaways
- 8 Holidays, paid at time and a half
- Free holiday meals
- Company Paid CPR/AED Classes
- Cafe Discounts
- Wellness Programs and Facilities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account with $1,000 to spend on medical
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year Recognition
- Annual Nursing Awards
- Monthly Safety Cash Giveaways
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Loan Program
- Free and Close Proximity Parking
- Deliver and properly serve meals.
- Assist in all table maintenance throughout the meal.
- Clear and pre-bus all plates, glassware, utensils, etc. as
- Clear and reset all tables according to standards after
completion of each meal.
- Prepare and serve coffee, tea and other beverages as requested
by server or resident.
- Clean and maintain work area with DHEC standards and
- Maintain dining area according to guidelines.
- Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely and
- When assigned, handles any necessary functions with regards to
catering services and special functions.
BISHOP GADSDEN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume accountability for department and facility policies and
procedures and assume accountability for information contained in
the current employee handbook.
- Adhere to established facility and departmental safety policies
- Participate in facility fire drill procedures.
- Perform all responsibilities with adherence to Resident's
Rights and HIPAA.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct exhibiting a
respectful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Adhere to the Bishop Gadsden dress code policy and
- Participate in educational and departmental
- Attend mandatory continuing education sessions.
- Attend department meetings and/or educational opportunities as
- Attend facility functions and demonstrate interest in Bishop
- Show evidence of working as a team member.
- Adhere to attendance and scheduling requirements.
- Accept additional duties as necessary in a cooperative
- Observe fiscal responsibility in use of Bishop Gadsden
resources and purchases made on behalf of Bishop Gadsden.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally
- Ability to read and comprehend numbers and written
- Pleasant appearance and attitude for daily interaction with
residents, families, coworkers, and public.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary for exchanging information
as well as maintaining a courteous relationship with the residents,
families, visitors and Bishop Gadsden employees.
- Previous restaurant experience preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least sixteen (16) years of age.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:The physical
demands, with reasonable accommodations, of an employee in this
position are as follows:
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of
- Manual dexterity, particularly in hands and arms, must have the
ability to use hands to finger, handle and feel and ability to
reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to read and comprehend numbers and written material
both on paper and on computer systems.
- Ability to work in a professional manner and interact with
co-workers, supervisors and residents as needed.
- Ability to carry large service tray and stand.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and
- Ability to lift and/or carry weights of up to 50 pounds (
Keywords: Bishop Gadsden, Charleston , Server Assistant, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!