Winder Pulper Operator
Posted on: January 9, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:The primary functions of the Winder Pulper
Operator are the operations of the pulper, winder, and wrapper
equipment. At the pulper, the incumbent will be responsible for
loading and unloading raw materials, understanding and operating
the fiber system program, operating the pulper system in manual
when needed, and monitoring and making necessary adjustments to
ensure accuracy of the raw materials and chemicals that are being
fed at the pulper. At the winder, the incumbent will be responsible
for understanding and operating the winder control system, setting
cores within product requirements, setting slitters and ensuring
they are within specifications, performing start-up of the winder
by threading, maintaining the trim systems, assisting with product
and process changes, and operating the wrapper. The incumbent works
closely with the Operator 1 (Machine Tender) and the Quality/Lab
operator.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform assigned duties until properly relieved.
- Operate all winder equipment, to include setting of cores and
winder control system.
- Set cores within product requirements.
- Conduct visual inspections of all raw materials to ensure
- Operate Pulper System on manual when needed
- Understand and operate the fiber system program.
- Monitor and make necessary adjustments to ensure accuracy of
the chemicals in the Pulper System and chemical feed tanks.
- Set slitters and ensure they are within specifications.
- Understand and maintain Winder Control System.
- Perform start-up of Winder by threading the machine.
- Monitor products and take appropriate actions on all defects to
- Log all pertinent information and data into computer.
- Assist with product and process changes.
- Perform Quality/Lab testing throughout shift.
- Service side wrap and change outside wrap rolls.
- Must work in a manner that is safe while continuously ensuring
quality, production and performance expectations are met.
- Responsible for performing monthly BBS observations and other
audit programs, cleaning, painting, and maintaining 5S system.
- Participation and completion of required EH & S training.
- Responsible for performing assigned tasks as specified in the
environmental procedures andwork instructions.
- Responsible for observing safety precautions at all times and
reporting any environmental incidents to Plant Superintendent
- Waste must be placed in appropriate designated labeled
containers and lid must be properly closed after disposal of waste.
Examples of waste are chemical, oily rags, aerosol cans, empty
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Production Manager and
Lead person of crew.Responsible for performing SMATs and/or TFs and
be an active participant in all other facility audit, manufacturing
and efficiency programs. This includes WCM involvement in projects
and/or meetings, as required. Incumbents are responsible for
ensuring 5S standards are met and maintained. Incumbent is required
to clean, paint, etc. to maintain 5S standardsRequired
QualificationsKNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES (SKILLS & ABILITIES):High
School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of 1 to 2 years of plant
production experience. Ability to maintain accurate records &
troubleshoot process. The incumbent must have basic operating
knowledge and understanding of computer systems, knowledge and
understanding of the SPC Pack, as well as the ability to lift a
minimum of 50 lbs.CERTAINTEED VALUES: (excerpted from the company's
Vision, Mission, Values, & Objectives) An absolute commitment to
safety; trust, respect and integrity; respect for the environment;
dedication to quality, service and customer satisfaction;
continuous improvement; empowerment with accountability; teamwork
and collaboration; progress through people.Company SummaryThrough
the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building
products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has
helped shape the building products industry for more than 110
years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company,
the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed,"
inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading
North American brand of exterior and interior building products,
including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim,
insulation, drywall and ceilings.A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one
of the world's largest and oldest building products companies,
CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60
manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
www.certainteed.comSaint-Gobain provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of
individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of
veterans.Winder Pulper OperatorLocation: CharlestonPosting Date:
12/03/2020Job Code: 584204
Keywords: Saint-Gobain, Charleston , Winder Pulper Operator, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!