IT Generalist - Networking
Company: Electronic Consulting Services, Inc (ECS Federal)
Posted on: February 21, 2021
ECS is seeking an IT Generalist - Networking to work in our
Charleston, SC office. Job Description: The qualified IT Generalist
(Networking) must be self-motivated, transparent, dependable,
responsible, hardworking and capable of working on an agile
program. The IT Generalist (Networking) will be involved in various
aspects of the migration process from start to finish as well as
any additional needs within the project. The ideal candidate will
develop and implement solutions to increasingly complex problems,
utilizing ingenuity, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform
their work with minimal direction or oversight. The candidate must
understand how their tasks fit within the overall program
objectives and perform their work accordingly. The selected
candidate will be expected to engage with program leadership,
external business partners and customers, as required to provide
technical information regarding the program. The IT Generalist
(Networking) will be responsible for a variety of site-specific
technical tasks including planning and implementation of network
reconfigurations as well as troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing
any network problems. They will also be responsible for
collaborating with various entities within the program to complete
certain tasks. The IT Generalist (Networking) will be responsible
for reconfiguring and troubleshooting switches, routers, and
network security devices in support of preparing the location for
change from legacy medical computing environments to the joint
Defense Health Agency network. Responsibilities include:
- Configuring, installing, troubleshooting, and supporting
enterprise network equipment.
- Learn the migration system and the system components required
to execute migration activities within the pre-defined system as
well as being able to identify, manage and resolve anomalous
- Analyze and resolve faults, including major system crash,
forgotten password, bad cables, etc.
- Assist in troubleshooting LAN, WLAN, and WAN connectivity
- Works closely with other departments/organizations and
collaborates with other IT staff on infrastructure activities.
- Assist with the creation, implementation and maintenance of
standard operating procedures for equipment installation,
configuration support, and division network operations which
improve service and repeatability.
- Troubleshoot network devices, network firewalls, network
servers (e.g., DHCP, print), and other networked systems.
- Lead coordination of switching, routing and firewall updates.
Other duties may include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer and other IT equipment
problems and malfunctions.
- Assist in setting-up and upgrading computer systems for end
- Provide end user application training as needed.
- Provide IT support and service to end users.
- Ensure all IT systems are working efficiently and
- Must be able to lift 35lbs regularly
- Must be able to move about on foot to accomplish tasks,
particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to
another. Workdays: Monday - Friday with frequent weekend and after
hours support. Travel - 60%-80% (Domestic and International)
- 5+ years of information systems networking experience
- Current DoD 8570 certifications
- A fundamental understanding of the Open System Interconnection
(OSI) Model, subnetting, TCP/IP, Ports, Protocols and Services
(PPS), IT troubleshooting, PXE, basic networking, and IT
tools/utilities (e.g., PING, IPCONFIG, IFCONFIG, RDP, SSH, RDP,
- Intermediate to advanced switching, routing, and Port,
Protocol, and Service (PPS) configuration and troubleshooting
experience is required.
- Knowledge of various Cisco, Brocade or Juniper switches and
- Familiarity with Juniper, Palo Alto, or MRV is a plus.
- General knowledge of LAN, WAN, wireless and security
- CCNA (or Brocade or Juniper equivalent) level knowledge
- Experience following and documenting operational processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field
- Current Active Secret clearance
- Industry leading certifications (Vmware, NetApp, Cisco,
- Have experience with one or more of the following:
- DHCP Servers/Client access
- Domain Controller(s)
- Group Policy Objects
- Print Servers/Client access
- DNS Servers/Client access
- Security scanning/remediation
- System Integration ECS is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for
minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. ECS is a leading
mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States
Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose.
Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical
talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US
Government to serve, protect and defend the American People. -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Electronic Consulting Services, Inc (ECS Federal), Charleston , IT Generalist - Networking, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!