Food & Beverage Assistant Manager- Handy & Hot**$500 Sign On Bonus FREE PARKING
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Food & Beverage Asst Manager assists with assuring attentive
friendly courteous and efficient service in all F&B Outlets
Room Service Lounge and Banquets while maintaining adherence to
budgeted payroll and overhead cost. In partnership with F&B
leadership the incumbent is also responsible for continually
working towards improving Restaurant Room Service Lounge and
Banquet sales revenues to exceed budget. Exempt associates are
expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to
complete their job responsibilities. Management-level
associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is
necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM
associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality's standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality's standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Be familiar with the organization of the hotel and know the
function of each department.
- Ensure training of all Food and Beverage/Banquet personnel
using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge
- Maintain follow-through of all guest requests problems
complaints and/or accidents which occur in the Restaurant Room
Service Lounge or Banquets.
- Assists to motivate coach counsel and discipline all F&B
personnel according to company S.O.P.'s.
- May review F&B staff's worked hours for payroll compilation
and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a
rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to
- Participate in all F&B interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Prepare employee shift schedule according to the business
forecast payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
Present the schedule with the Wage Progress Report to the G.M.
- Ensure that wage progress and productivity reports are
completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- May assist with conducting all 90 day and annual employee
performance appraisals according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality's policies
and house rules.
- Assist in developing and ensure implementation of Food and
Beverage promotional ideas.
- Help to ensure all beverage costs are maintained to meet
- Ensure compliance to company training using the steps to
effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's
- Maintain company S.O.P.'s regarding purchase orders vouchering
of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Develop initiate and promote sales including up selling
programs for use by all service personnel.
- Ensure Aimbridge Hospitality's service standards are maintained
throughout the Food and Beverage/Banquet Department.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Initiate all necessary F&B-related reports according to
- Assist with completion of all Food and Beverage forecasting and
budgeting in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that F&B employees are at all times attentive
friendly helpful and courteous to guests all other employees and
- Ensure that the quarterly operating equipment inventory is done
pars are evaluated and quarterly purchases are planned.
- Maintain all Aimbridge Hospitality's S.O.P.'s concerning credit
- React to negative trends in market place by implementing food
and beverage blitzes and promotions.
- Help to organize and conduct monthly department meetings with
restaurant and lounge staff and weekly F&B meeting according to
Aimbridge Hospitality's standards.
- Attend daily BEO meeting.
- Conduct beverage purchasing as needed.
- Purchase Food & Beverage operating equipment as needed.
- Conduct monthly beverage inventories and reconciliations.
- Ensure that the quality and presentation of all food products
are according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standard.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers employees and other
- Oversee the operations of the Banquet department.
- Use the hotel's P.O.S. system to print reports. Analyze reports
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Complete monthly menu analysis and submit to the Corporate
- Monitor and follow up on all Food and Beverage cash overages
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Departmnt in
implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with
documentation of purchases vouchering schedules forecasts reports
and tracking logs.
- Complete all required correspondence in a timely and efficient
- Attend monthly all-employee meetings and any other functions
required by management.
- Maintain close communication links with all employees. Provide
a motivating influence and seek input regarding food and beverage
issues from employees. Ensure a high level of positive
communication exists between the Food & Beverage and Food
- Perform P.O.S. changes in menus or additions/deletions of
servers as necessary.
- Handle items for â€œLost and Foundâ€_ according to the
- Maintain required pars of all stock.
- Review food sales for accuracy daily.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General
Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel is located in the
heart of historic downtown Charleston. Guests can take a refreshing
plunge in the pool or grab a bite to eat at the on-site restaurant.
The property is located 3 blocks away from the City Market and King
All rooms are elegantly furnished and have marble bathrooms. Each
comes with a 32-inch flat screen TV with cable and satellite
channels. There is a mini-bar along with tea and coffee making
facilities in every room.
Room service and a concierge are available. 2,759 of meeting and
event space is offered.
As the global leader in third-party hotel
management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in
49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands
to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our
associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests
and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where
everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility
with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period,
those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive
benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Charleston , Food & Beverage Assistant Manager- Handy & Hot**$500 Sign On Bonus FREE PARKING, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!