Provide promp, efficient, courteous service to all guests.
Service includes greeting, seating taking orders, clearing dishes
and resetting tables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following:
- Develop and maintain professional functional working
relationships with IHOP Team Members and guests
- Execute the "Server Guidelines to Great Guest Service" per IHOP
SOP to ensure a high-quality guest experience.
- Handle guest complaints in a timely manner, inquire about the
quality of the dining experience, thank guests and invite them to
- Communicate guest food orders and service requests in an
accurate and timely manner.
- Memorize and apply IHOP terminology, abbreviations,
methodologies and plating and menu knowledge.
- Comply with SOP methods in regard to guest checks and
maintaining cash control.
- Stock and rotate all needed supplies in the service areas and
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulations as well as
the IHOP Safety Manual and SOP health, sanitation and safety
- Clear, clean and reset tables and clean chairs, booths and
floors after guests leave.
- Perform all cleaning duties according to posted cleaning
- Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards per SOP
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General
Manager, Assistant Manager or acting supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
Prior experience or training is desired, but may not be
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and
memos. Ability to write guest checks and simple correspondence.
Ability to read and speak English well enough to understand guest
checks, read instructions and communicate with guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
Other Skills and Abilities
Successfully complete IHOP training coursework as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of the job, the Team Member
regularly is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or
balance. The Team Member frequently is required to stand walk,
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The Team Member occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member
occasionally is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.