Claim Specialist - Bodily Injury (Remote Workers)
Company: National Interstate Insurance
Posted on: June 12, 2021
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance
Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in
the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states
tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation
classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative
alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a
dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We
are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain
Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our
talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our
company values of integrity, transparency, fairness,
accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction
we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such
as ours, we would love to hear from you!
- Investigates and maintains claims:
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and / or liability.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports,
policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records or other
documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and attends
arbitrations, mediations, dispositions or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements / reserves within prescribed limits and
submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal
- Conveys complex information (coverage, decisions, outcomes,
etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional
demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with
applicable statutes, regulations and other legal requirements, and
that all applicable company procedures and policies are
- Provides technical advice to lower level positions and other
- Leads the work of others (mentors, prioritizes, delegates and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- EXPERIENCED COMMERCIAL CLAIMS ADJUSTER*
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.Field of
Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.Experience: 6
or more years of related experience with Bodily Injury Claims in a
Commercial Claims Setting
Keywords: National Interstate Insurance, Charleston , Claim Specialist - Bodily Injury (Remote Workers), Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!