Professional Development Specialist - South Carolina
Company: Catapult Learning
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Catapult Learning, LLC is looking for qualified and experienced
Professional Development Specialists in South Carolina! Catapult
Learning is a provider of K12 contracted instructional services to
public and private schools throughout the US, specializing in
at-risk youth and students who are struggling.
We are beginning to look for per diem/part-time Professional
Development Specialists throughout South Carolina for our new
education program. We anticipate the program will begin this summer
and continue into the 2021-2022 school year. Opportunities will
exist in both virtual and in-person environments. There are two
primary functions in this role: presenting and coaching. The ideal
candidate will leverage a deep knowledge of research-based best
practice, take a hands-on approach to support educators across the
content areas, and deliver engaging and exceptional professional
learning experiences and job-embedded coaching support to improve
teaching, learning, and organizational performance.
Enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Competitive per diem pay
- Workshop content and coaching framework provided
- Paid training
- Company support and quality assurance
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of educators
- Engages in the coaching cycle, including modeling lessons and
co-teaching, to improve the teaching quality for students in grades
K-12. Delivers job-embedded application coaching via the
- Builds strength-based coaching relationships that are
- Follows Catapult Learning coaching framework design as
instructed by supervisor.
- Coaches leaders and teachers in research-based practices,
leveraging curriculum resources to meet the needs of all
- Supports instructional delivery across content areas by
assisting teachers to make data-informed decisions about planning,
instruction, and assessment.
- Models effective instruction for staff in various settings,
Utilizes various digital tools in the execution of site-based
and blended coaching implementations.
- Facilitates professional development presentations, and
delivers engaging and exceptional professional learning workshop
- Delivers effective professional learning opportunities
leveraging Catapult Learning's catalog of PD module content.
- Encourages participation and open dialogue as part of an
effective coaching relationship during presentations.
Contributes to development and revision of professional
development modules, products, and service delivery protocols in
preparation for assigned events.
- Establishes and maintains forms and files as required by
company, local, state, and federal agencies.
- Reviews Professional Development participant evaluations to
drive continuous improvement.
- Analyzes data to facilitate the development of best practices
and determine instructional needs.
- Becomes familiar with regional standards and the materials that
are core to instruction in partnership schools.
- Supports organizational change, professional growth, and
student achievement while working with leaders and teachers on
assigned PD projects, and under the direction of the Center for PD
Excellence and regional Operations teams.
- Master's Degree or Higher in Related Education Field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with K-12 students in a
school setting, and a strong record of helping students achieve
academic success, with particular focus on Title I, English
Learners, and Students with Disabilities
- Minimum of 2 years' experience facilitating professional
development and engaging in the coaching cycle within a school
setting or supporting schools to improve student achievement
(experience in strengths-based coaching, leading and supporting
- Understanding of achievement data in order to understand,
interpret and improve school performance
- Evidence of successful team-building skills and positive and
healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized,
consistent, reliable and understanding
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational
- Willingness to travel
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power
Point) and virtual meeting programs (Zoom, etc.) preferred
- A positive and growth-oriented attitude towards students,
administration, parents, and other internal and external
JOIN THE CATAPULT FAMILY TODAY!
Keywords: Catapult Learning, Charleston , Professional Development Specialist - South Carolina, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!