Georgetown - General Manager of Fleet Maintenance
Company: FirstGroup plc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
General Manager of Fleet Maintenance - Servicing County of
Join First Vehicle Services as General Manager! This position is
responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of over 600
vehicles/units (mixed fleet) for the County of Georgetown. The
Fleet Manager supervises 6 technicians, a service writer, and a
parts clerk on one shift. Heavy equipment, construction equipment,
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- $70,000-$75,000 salary based on experience &
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America
- Excellent benefits packages including paid holidays & vacation,
medical, dental & vision, 401 (k) savings plan, and more.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Manager major responsibilities:
- Handling all contractual services to include administrative
functions, operations, information systems, parts purchasing, and
- Ensuring compliance of all company procedures and policies as
well as local, state, and federal laws and regulation (EPA, OSHA,
DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Ensuring services are provided within budget and action plans
developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Analyzing, monthly financials and maintaining budget and
- Negotiating operating budgets and contractual terms with
- Assessing resource needs, problems, trends and plans
- Developing action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assuring a safe working environment.
- Providing and promotes effective communications with
- Providing leadership and guidance to develop location and
company bench strength.
- Establishing training goals and requirements for all
- Satisfying client, corporate, and contractual reporting
requirements and needs.
- Ability to lead a team of technicians and staff and daily shop
Fleet Maintenance Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Tech School or Bachelor's
- Valid driver's license
- 5+ years of hands on fleet experience of a variety of equipment
- Auto, truck or equipment experience background required
- Experience with hiring technicians, continuing training and
maintaining technician certifications
- Provable track record of excellent safety
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft
Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
- Required experience of working with a financial budget
- Ability to negotiate with customers, staff, and vendors
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet
management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981,
First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and
cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at
governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit
agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations
throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: FirstGroup plc, Charleston , Georgetown - General Manager of Fleet Maintenance, Other , Georgetown, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!