Commercial Drywall Finisher
Company: Precision Walls, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As one of the nation's premier wall and ceiling specialty
contractors, Precision Walls, Inc. (PWI) offers you an opportunity
to join our team. Make a difference and promote the progress of
construction! We are seeking experienced Commercial Drywall
- Perform all steps of drywall finishing as a team
- Understands the 5 levels of finishing and demonstrate
- Utilizes tools such as: Bazookas, Banjos, Flat and angle boxes,
corner rollers, and power sanders.
- Experience with all types and ranges of commercial drywall
- Measures and marks surface to finish and level of finish work
according to blueprints and drawings.
- Inspects drywall surfaces for imperfections (screw heads,
misaligned joints, bad hanging etc.) then mark drywall surface with
pencil prior to starting.
- Understands the right joint compound (quick-set, lightweight,
or standard) to be used at appropriate situations.
- Eliminates visible joints, knows how to eliminate air bubbles,
tapes are not blistered, switch and receptacle boxes are finished
- Install cornerbead, trim beads, reveal beads straight, plumb
and on tight utilizing string lines, laser, square, or straight
- Ability to work independently on job sites
- Oversee less experienced installers/laborers
- Coordination with GC and other subcontractors regarding project
- Skill required to patch/repair existing drywall into like-new
- Must have 3 years of experience and skill with Production
Finishing and considers themselves a specialist in the field
- Has the experience to be safe with stilts, baker scaffolding,
- Positive attitude and commitment to acquire trade knowledge and
- Compliant with safety procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates solid verbal and written communication skills;
listens to instruction
- Dependable Transportation
- Bilingual is a plus (English/Spanish)
Mandatory Tools: Finishing Knives, Mud Pan, Mixer, Sanding Pole,
Laser Line, Snips, Utility Knife, Chalk Box, Tape Measure, Tape
At Precision Walls, Inc. our Company has a track record of
hiring, developing, and promoting quality performers of excellent
character. We offer our employees competitive wages, a fun TEAM
working environment, career growth and advancement opportunities.
Our Company invests in each employee to provide them with the
resources to succeed, make a difference, and transform their
careers. We do more than help build buildings, we help our
employees build their own successful futures!
100% Employee Owned
As an employee-owned company, we are passionate and dedicated to
working like owners and as a team to enhance the success of the
company. We are proud to be able to share in the benefits of our
success through our ESOP program.
We must ensure that no applicant for employment or employee of
the EEOC is denied equal opportunity because of race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or
mental), family medical history or genetic information, political
affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions,
including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems,
promotions, training, and career development programs.
Military Friendly Employer
We value the knowledge, skills and abilities you acquired in the
military. Whether you are an active serve member transitioning or a
military spouse, we want you to consider a rewarding career.
Keywords: Precision Walls, Inc., Charleston , Commercial Drywall Finisher, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!