Thanks for your interest in the Full Time Cake Decorator
position. Unfortunately this position has been closed but you can
search our 3,078 open jobs by clicking here.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates must be at least 18 years of age.
PERSONAL SKILLS. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Willingness
to participate in and successfully complete required training and
to work with the team to increase customer satisfaction and
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE. High school diploma or general
education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
LANGUAGE SKILLS. Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos [in English]. Ability
to write simple correspondence [in English]. Ability to effectively
present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other associates of the organization who
only speak English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS. Ability to add and subtract two digit
numbers and to perform these operations using units of American
money and weight measurement.
REASONING ABILITY. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to
carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS. Complete Company?s
training including but not limited to: new hire orientation, food
sanitation, customer service network, safety, food safety, and
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and
stoop, kneel, or crouch. The associate must regularly lift and/or
move up to 30 pounds [occasionally lift up to 50 pounds] and
reaches from 6-72 inches. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, color, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT. The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an associate encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate
constantly works in a moderate environment and is frequently
exposed to hot, cool, and extreme cold, moving mechanical parts,
fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
COMPETENCIES. To perform the job successfully, an individual is
required to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Informs management at least 2 hours before shift begins when going
to be late or absent from work.
- Customer Service - Provides exceptional customer service even
in difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to
customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ;
Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of Company EEO policy; Shows
respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments;
Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically;
Upholds Company values.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development
activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents
ideas and information in a respectful manner.
- Interpersonal Skills - Is never rude; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in
decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves personal goals; Demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard
- Oral Communication - Speaks English clearly and persuasively in
positive, negative, and in emergency or other situations in which
individuals must speak a common language to promote safety; Listens
and gets clarification; Responds appropriately to questions;
Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively in
English; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and
interpret English-written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes work activities; Uses time
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves concerns in a timely
manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and
- Teamwork - Balances team and own responsibilities; Is open to
others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building
a positive team spirit.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to build
knowledge and skills; Shares job knowledge with others.