Posted Date: Aug 26, 2021
- We are hiring immediately for a COOK position.
- Location: Trident Medical Center - 9330 Medical plaza
North Charleston SC 29406 Note: online applications
- Schedule: Full-Time: Monday to Friday rotating
weekends. More details upon interview!
- Requirement: Previous cook experience
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying
Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text
JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID
The advertised program is
an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with
Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may
apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Why It Is Safe For You
to Work in Healthcare... We know that many of you who are
new to working in a healthcare setting might be a little unsure
about your safety. Yet, serving where the viruses and potential
contagions are known and are being controlled is among the safest
places to work!
For anyone who becomes a
member of one of our teams, we make sure you are safe and well
managed. We also have a lot of resources available for you. We
believe that knowledge is power, and that with this knowledge in
your back pocket, you will feel much better about serving in
healthcare during this crisis.
Diversity of thought
and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to
start your journey with us today!
Morrison Healthcare is a
leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively
dedicated to serving more than 806 hospitals and healthcare
systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food to create personalized
dining experiences for patients and in their cafés to advance the
healing and healthful missions of its clients. Morrison has been
serving some of the nation's largest health systems for more than
65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional, and operational
expertise to provide consistency and transform the healthcare
experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of Modern
Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time and
was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine in
2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best
Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison
is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group
and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs,
and 21,000 professional food service team
Prepares food in accordance with applicable corporate standards,
guidelines and regulations with established policies and
procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, pre-cook and/or cook food products as directed.
- Prepare "mise en place" (setting in place of foods, garnishes,
sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required
for high volume production.
- Clean kitchen equipment after use according to health and
safety policies and procedures.
- Label, date, store and rotate food and beverage products in
appropriate storage areas.
- Communicate effectively with all appropriate operational
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to
the supervisor immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our
Cooks? We’re committed to hiring the best talent
for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a restaurant
cook or prep cook.
- Food Safety Certification required.
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods,
ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the
following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following
benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Req ID: 816393