Company: ESP Associates
Posted on: January 15, 2022
ESP Associates, Inc. has an opportunity this summer for a Survey
Intern to join our team in Charleston, SC. This is an excellent
opportunity for a Civil Engineering or Geomatics student to explore
a career in the Survey industry!You will have the Opportunity
- Work alongside a well-established team of survey
- Gain hands-on experience in the field
- Gain first-hand experience in a multi-discipline
- Currently enrolled in an engineering, surveying technology,
geomatics, or related program of study (preferred)
- Applicant must have a strong desire to learn and a demonstrated
ability to work in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as
attention to detail required
- Must be dependable and responsible
- A positive work attitude with the ability to understand and
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying field conditions
including swamp areas, thick foliage, and construction zones
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
including high heat, high humidity and sudden rainstorms.
- Must be able to pass drug screen, background check and have a
satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's
driving (MVR) policyResponsibilities:
- Learn most aspects of boundary and topographic land
- Collaborate with field and office personnel during the
life-cycle of private and public projects
- Participate in field activities to learn the fundamental of
land surveying. This includes introduction to GPS technology,
optical measurements with a total station and differential leveling
with an automatic level and digital level.
- A portion of the field activities will focus on safety
procedures, traffic control devices, and personal protective
- Learn about research, reading record documents such as deeds,
easements, and subdivision plats, learn how to compile an abstract
map, and how to use the information to perform a field boundary
- Learn how to resolve the boundaries using accepted boundary
construction principles, case law and best practices.
- Learn how to read construction plans, and how they are used to
generate points used to direct construction crews in the land
- Learn to utilize and manage AutoCAD drawings and references to
create field points based on these plans and take points shot in
the field and use to generate cutsheets used by roadway excavation
and construction crews.
- Gain insight regarding the differences between a variety of
utility types and symbols and become proficient in the location and
differentiation of field markers and signs.
Corporate Information:ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design
and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering,
surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences,
environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction
engineering inspection.Through years of dedicated service to our
clients, ESP has received a designation of 280 on the 2021 ENR Top
500 Design Firm rankings. For the firm's primary territory, the ENR
Southeast Top Design Firms, ESP received a 2021 ranking of 49.
Keywords: ESP Associates, Charleston , Survey Intern, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!