Company: Middleburg Communities
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Middleburg Communities is seeking a Project Superintendent for
multiple Multifamily Construction projects across the Southeastern
United States. Middleburg Communities is a full-service real estate
firm specializing in multifamily real estate investments through
our acquisition, development, construction, and property management
services. This position is located in Charleston, SC.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for the supervision of
all field activities related to the physical construction. The
Project Superintendent must assure that the combination of the
Jobsite workforce components results in a cohesive product that
achieves the required quality and is completed in the shortest
possible time. To that end, the Project Superintendent must
continually work to assure adequate staffing of the workforce,
sufficient supply of materials, and complete information as
necessary to assemble the product, and must plan for all these
things sufficiently enough in advance so as not to interfere with
the progress of any one component. The Project Superintendent
participates in our Mission, lives by our Values, and promotes the
Vision of Excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generating, securing, or otherwise confirming all information
needed to create, monitor, and modify the progress schedule on a
- Developing the progress schedule with the Project Manager.
- Participating in scope reviews of the various bid packages to
properly coordi -nate their respective interfaces.
- Working with the Project Manager to develop and administer the
site utiliza -tion program, site services, security arrangements,
and other facilities and arrangements necessary for appropriate
service to the construction effort.
- Identifying field-construction and work-sequence considerations
when finaliz -ing bid package purchases.
- Monitoring actual versus required performance by all
- Monitoring and ensuring Jobsite and subcontractor compliance
with Safety Program.
- Determining whether subcontractors are providing sufficient
workforce and hours of work to achieve performance
- Monitoring the performance of the company's Purchasing and
Project Engineering functions to ensure that all subcontracts,
material purchases, sub -mittals, deliveries, clarifications, and
changes are processed in time to guaran -tee jobsite arrival by, or
before, the times needed.
- Directing any company field staff, providing positive
leadership to ensure that the field staff is properly motivated and
inspired with a sense of accomplishment and purpose.
- Establishing field office.
- Maintaining a clean project site.
- Being thoroughly familiar with the requirements of the
subcontracts, there -by identifying changes, conflicts, etc., that
are beyond the scope of responsibility.
- Establishing and verifying field control measures.
- Managing material deliveries and compliance with purchase
- Conducting weekly Subcontractor meetings to assess construction
progress, quality, and safety.
- Preparing daily reports, job diaries, narratives, and all other
regular and spe -cial documentation as determined by the company
and by the project needs.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive construction experience with
emphasis on multi-family, production residential housing;
Experience should also include a minimum of 5 years of experience
in multi-family, wood framing, structural concrete, and
- Comprehensive knowledge related to all disciplines and phases
of construction experience with design, project cost accounting and
field experience inclusive of project management experience.
- Prior management of employees, vendors, subcontractors, and
- Proven experience to function independently in a multi-task
environment, as well as part of a team. Comfortable in
communicating with all levels of management and employees.
- Computer skills for scheduling project tracking
- Bachelor's Degree in a construction-related field
- A highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and results-oriented
What we can offer you:
- Great benefits - We offer 100% paid medical insurance coverage
for our Employee only plans & subsidized medical options for
additional family members, Dental and Vision plan options, Paid
time off, Paid volunteer time off and paid holidays, 401(k) match,
Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance coverage, and educational
- A job that challenges you - Middleburg strives for excellence
in knowledge, service, and integrity. Excellence in knowledge means
that Middleburg recruits and trains top-notch Team Members who are
experts in their field and who continue to improve their industry
knowledge. Team Members work together to provide excellent customer
service that exceeds customers' expectations.
- Great Culture - We embrace a culture of responsible leadership
at all levels of our organization that encourages initiative to
advance our mission and vision. We honor the dignity of all people,
embrace differences, value new ideas, demonstrate empathy and
strive to promote a caring and supportive environment for all. Our
team is building a better world, one community at a time.
Company OverviewAt Middleburg Communities, we share a vision for
greater value creation through community impact. Our success is
rooted in a genuine desire to serve our local communities in
thoughtful and holistic ways. By enhancing the lives of others, we
contribute positively to neighborhoods and maximize real returns
for our partners.
Since 2004 Middleburg has acquired, recapitalized, and developed
+21,000 apartment units, executing approximately $3 billion in
transactions. Headquartered in Vienna, VA with satellite offices in
Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC, Charleston, SC, and Greenville, SC,
Middleburg Communities currently owns and manages approximately
Middleburg Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed
to diversity and inclusion. We welcome qualified applicants from a
variety of backgrounds inclusive of their race, color, religion,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or
orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability,
or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
Keywords: Middleburg Communities, Charleston , Project Superintendent, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!