Continuous Improvement Black Belt
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Job Family Group:Engineering Are you ready to do something
remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve
problems that improve people's lives? Meet Ingevity. At Ingevity,
we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world
around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow
fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe
is cleaner. Our people come from all different backgrounds and help
reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no
challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new
ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the
improbable. We value each person's unique talents and synergize
them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our
customers and our world. Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If
these qualities describe you, we'd love for you to join Ingevity!
As the Continuous Improvement (CI) Black Belt, you will help drive
the passion and pursuit to improve every day at Ingevity. - This
role will help build greater continuous improvement capabilities
across the organization and direct initiatives to support the
company's goals. - You will own critical components to achieve and
enhance a sustainable CI culture, including the oversight of the
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) program. - As a part of owning LSS, the role
will work closely with our company leadership in further equipping
and developing others in CI. Specific accountabilities include:
- Support the deployment of CI throughout Ingevity.
- Partner with CI Champions and other Leaders to drive continuity
of improvement efforts and to identify best practices as related to
- Oversee all aspects of the CI LSS Green Belt and Black Belt
program including training, certification, projects, value
tracking, and mentoring.
- Facilitate or sponsor CI efforts such as process studies, Lean
Kaizen events, and LSS projects.
- Head multiple LSS projects focused on key strategic goals.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for statistical analysis and
stable operations techniques.
- Prepare reports summarizing CI performance on a routine basis,
including an Ingevity LSS dashboard.
- Assist with detailed analysis studies and provide
- Assist in CI Communications across multiple platforms.
- Collaborate with other functional groups, including IT Plant
Systems and Process Control, to identify opportunities where LSS
can be utilized within existing or new technologies. What you need
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in support of manufacturing
with demonstrated experience in Lean and Six Sigma.
- B.S. in Engineering. Other technical degrees will be considered
with relevant professional experience in Continuous
- Six Sigma Black Belt (or equivalent) experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Minitab.
- Incumbent must have strong communication skills and be able to
work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Travel requirement up to 35%, dependent on home office
- This role may be located at or near any of Ingevity's domestic
- This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The
successful candidate -must not now, or in the future, require
sponsorship to work in the US. Ingevity is a company made up of
extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all
worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great
strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity
and respect - a culture where everyone belongs. Ingevity is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes
and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with
unsolicited resumes. -
Keywords: Ingevity, Charleston , Continuous Improvement Black Belt, Other , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!