Aquatic Resources Biologist Assistant
Company: Kiawah Island Community Association
Location: Johns Island
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*_Bi-weekly mileage compensation and $600 in hiring bonuses for
all new hires!_*
*We offer competitive pay + robust benefits: *
* $15 to $16/hr starting pay, eligible for overtime.
* Retention bonus - $100 at 30 days, $200 at 60 days, $300 at 90
* 2 great health benefit plans to choose from, one option is FREE
for employee only coverage!
* Dental, vision, accident, critical illness, and supplemental life
insurance coverage available
* $25K life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
provided at no cost
* HSA employer contribution
* Paid holidays and accrued time-off
* 401k contribution match, immediate vesting after 1 year
* Uniforms and boots provided
* Wellness benefits, COVID vaccination incentive, fitness
reimbursement, smartwatch contribution, and more!
* Access to pristine beaches, on-island fishing, biking trails,
*_This is a full time position, with a Monday - Friday schedule.
*Purpose of Position*
To assist in all aspects of the management and aesthetic
maintenance of the lake system and storm water drainage
infrastructure on Kiawah Island. This encompasses 123 separate
lakes totaling 360 surface acres with activities including water
quality monitoring, aquatic plant control, lake edge maintenance,
and mosquito abatement initiatives.
*Responsibilities and Duties*
* Have knowledge of the lake numbering system and mosquito
abatement spraying routes.
* Weekly monitoring of water quality, water levels and visual
inspection of lake system.
* Trim lake view windows as needed to maintain proper aesthetics,
visual and physical access.
* Operate small power equipment and hand tools.
* Collect water, fish, and crab samples for analysis.
* Treat lakes for undesirable aquatic plants and algae using
biological, manual and chemical means.
* Collect and dispose of any fish or animals that are found dead in
the lake system.
* Assist with nuisance wildlife and wildlife research.
* Assist with other departments as needed.
* Keeps records of work activities and lake data
* Plans, organizes and prioritize daily work activity.
* Maintains an acceptable level of productivity.
* Communicate suggestions for departmental improvements with
Supervisors and Administrative staff.
* Ability to anticipate and forestall problems.
* Follow all company policies and procedures to the Kiawah
* Work efficiently in order to reduce costs.
* Other duties as assigned.
*Qualifications and Abilities*
* General experience or comfort with boat operation and familiarity
with outboard motors.
* Ability to operate landscape maintenance equipment (i.e.
operating brush cutters and chainsaws).
* Ability to follow directions as given, and offer ideas and
solutions for improved productivity.
* Good degree of initiative and attention to detail and quality.
Good understanding of importance of punctuality and minimum
* Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, property
owners, contractors and general public.
* Flexibility to work alternating hours if needed.
* Ability to work in high heat, humidity, cold as well as dusty and
* Physical requirements:
* Prolonged periods of standing, walking, bending, kneeling,
pulling and/or sitting at a desk.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
* Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
* Must be able to physically operate landscape maintenance
equipment (i.e. operating brush cutters and chainsaws).
* Other requirements:
* Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and
driving record check.
* Maintain a valid South Carolina Drivers License
_Kiawah Island Community Association is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
_the essential functions of the job._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Johns Island, SC 29455: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Kiawah Island Community Association, Charleston , Aquatic Resources Biologist Assistant, Other , Johns Island, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!