Scientist II, Biosciences R&D
Company: Charles River Laboratories
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job SummaryThe Scientist 2 role is responsible for partnering
with cross-functional teams to develop new products and services to
expand the Microbial Solutions product portfolio. This role will be
an integral part of the R&D team that specializes in product
development across all Microbial Solutions focus areas, including
Endotoxin Detection, Celsis Rapid Microbiology, and Accugenix
Microbial Identification. Day-to-day functions of the Scientist 2
are assisting with designing and performing experiments, analyzing
data, providing technical support for current products, and
presenting results to stakeholders. Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate with R & D team members and external partners on
technology evaluation and product development projects.
- Design and perform experiments to evaluate, develop, and
optimize assays and products; ensure attention to detail in record
keeping and result verification.
- Compile and communicate complex datasets to facilitate informed
decision-making; summarize the results in technical reports and
- Work closely with members of Operations, Commercial teams, and
Technical Service through all phases of the product life
- Maintain proficiency in general laboratory techniques related
to microbiology and/or biochemistry and/or bioengineering, and
other required departmental SOPs.
- Participate in R & D efforts in responding to customer, QA,
Operations, and field-support questions.
- Comply with all aspects of laboratory safety, and Safety data
- Ensure that regulatory and GMP compliance requirements are met
and adhered to in the development process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master's (MS) plus 4 years or Ph.D. (0 to 2 years) degree in
Microbiology, Biomedical/Chemical Engineering, Molecular Biology,
Biochemistry, or related field. Ph.D. degree preferred.
- 5+ years laboratory experience in Microbiology and/or Molecular
biology and/or Bioengineering field. Prior experience developing
products and services a plus.
- Experience with bioimaging, spectroscopy, mass spectrometry,
and/or sequencing preferred.
- Experience with Microbial Detection and Identification
technologies highly desirable.
- Interest and experience in a combination of Wet Lab and Data
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems preferred.
Keywords: Charles River Laboratories, Charleston , Scientist II, Biosciences R&D, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!