Customer Service Specialist
Company: Fetter Health Care Network
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Under the general direction and supervision of the Practice
Manager, the Customer Service Specialist (CSS) is a team member who
provides exceptional, personalized customer service ensuring
efficient, professional and friendly access to Fetter Health Care
Network (FHCN). This individual takes pride in helping patients,
vendors, and community partners one caring interaction at a time.
He or she addresses questions on all services or programs and
supports patient care by facilitating a connection to their Care
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Included but not limited to
* Delightfully provides exceptional, personalized customer service
to patients, vendors, and community partners by welcoming them into
the facility with a warm smile and eye contact.
* Performs greeting activities in the waiting room, to include but
not limited to, assisting patients and other visitors, monitoring
wait times, keeping in contact with patients/visitors, and
providing miscellaneous forms and requested items.
* Assists patients with Kiosk and manual registration process
utilizing practice management software system.
* Utilizes strong communication skills to route calls and properly
engage patients, vendors, or community stakeholders.
* Maintains working knowledge of all FHCN services and programs
* Makes recommendations according to patient's needs
* Conducts general housekeeping to include inspecting and
organizing front of facility, waiting room, office areas and
restrooms throughout the day during hours of operations. (i.e.
brochure stocks, promotions display and work station)
* Utilizes practice management software, to document detailed
messages for FHCN staff with a high level of accuracy
* Works in a demanding, fast-paced environment with constant public
contact, frequent interruptions, and occasional crisis
* Understands and responds effectively and with sensitivity to
special population groups, including those defined by race,
ethnicity, language, age, gender, sexual orientation, economic
standing, & others
* Complies with center's policies and procedures
* Operates office equipment to include copy machine, fax, scanner,
* Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
* Other duties and projects as assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Demonstration of "people" skills and an enjoyment of working in a
health care setting
* Excellent organizational and customer service skills demonstrated
across a wide range of customers
* Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
* Technically proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office
Suite (Word, Excel), Practice Management System (EHR/Kiosk), and
* Proficient in multitasking efficiently and effectively-organizing
and prioritizing tasks
* Ability to accept and implement coaching and feedback in order to
achieve individual and team performance goals.
* Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast
paced and high pressured environment.
* Cultural competence dealing with vulnerable populations.
* Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
* Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 1 year front desk experience (preferably Medical office setting)
or 1 year as a medical receptionist and/or customer service
* Multi-line phone experience required.
* Bilingual (Speak Spanish & English)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $31,200.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Bilingual (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Fetter Health Care Network, Charleston , Customer Service Specialist, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!