Company: Landmark Construction
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Position Title: Payroll Coordinator Location: North Charleston,
SC Job Category: ACCT_PYRL_COORD Date Posted: 01/09/2023Salary
Interval: SALARY FULL TIMEApplication Instructions This application
will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not
guarantee that the applicant will be employed. Each question should
be answered in a complete, accurate and legible manner as no action
can be taken on this application until all questions have been
answered.Successfully completed applications will be passed on the
the appropriate hiring manager(s) for review. Position Description
This job description covers the principal duties and
responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be
construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or
similar duties which may be required from the employees day-to-day
performance.Position reports to ControllerThis position is
classified as salariedSuccessful pre-employment background check
for LMC is requiredSuccessful completion of a pre-employment drug
screen and participation in Drug/Alcohol Free workplace is
requiredPM22 Position Requirements Essential Duties and
- Payroll Duties:
- Use payroll software to calculate weekly payroll and produce
payment to over 350 employees accurately and efficiently.
- Process tax and other withholding payments.
- Timely and professionally respond to employee and supervisor
requests for information. Be flexible when addressing the needs of
- Understands the requirements of local, state and federal
payroll tax reporting.
- Files the South Carolina New Hire Report weekly and the MSHA
- Resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Completes all Verifications of Employment with the exception of
insurance related inquiries or DOT requests for information.
- Maintains and provides accurate leave balances for
- Understand and administer employee benefits within the ERP
system per current benefit handbook.
- Responsible for management of electronic timekeeping
- Implement all employee payroll deductions related to Uniforms,
Safety Boots, Safety Glasses, etc. Administer the paperwork process
- Provide leadership in relaying accurate and reliable payroll
regulations and tax information. Stay abreast of changes within the
IRS. Sign up for IRS updates by email.
- File all payroll related reports, including certified payroll,
timely and accurately.
- Implement payroll best practices.
- Put payroll procedures in writing.
- Understands ACA rules and accomplish the annual reporting.
- Work in collaboration with Human Resources in the processing of
new hires, rehires, and terminations.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement Process
- Reviews systems and procedures for possible improvements to
accuracy or timeliness.
- Personal Attributes o Has positive attitude, puts company goals
first, is a team player.o Honesty and integrity. Can be trusted
with confidential information.o Access to payroll information is
not an influence on interpersonal relationships with coworkers.
- Maintenance Level o Works independently.
- Requires minimal support or assistance.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under
- Time Management o Prioritizes well; spends time wisely; gets
things done.o Attendance and punctuality is good; schedules time
off in advance.o Utilize the Viewpoint Suggestion Box. Equal
Opportunity Employer Landmark Construction Company, Inc. provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Landmark Construction, Charleston , Payroll Coordinator, Other , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!