Company: Koppers Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
- Procure pole quality timber for the designated peeling
- Identify and mark pole quality trees based on ANSI
specifications, accurately record sizes marked.
- Identify any defects that will declass a pole, catfaces,
lightning scars, rotten knots etc.
- Accurately estimate pole heights
- Where applicable identify and measure pole quality logs on a
- Work with wood dealers and loggers to select pole quality trees
on the log deck where marking conditions or marking volumes are not
- Develop and enhance relationships of wood dealers/loggers that
will provide continuity of supply
- Monitor the volume committed and the performance of suppliers
against their commitments
- Assist in developing sources of poles and manage them weekly,
providing the best balance of quality and continuity of
- Monitor and continuously improve the quality of the wood
delivered to the Koppers facilities
- Provide procurement information support for Koppers mill or
mills within the area
- Accurately appraise standing pole timber purchase
opportunities; manage the harvest of these to assure they cut
- Visit pole mills in area and communicate with the mill manager
and workers about the quality and sizes being produced
- Communicate clearly and regularly with the procurement manager
and other foresters where applicable about tract information
- Associate degree in Forestry or in a related field
- Ability to travel 100% around the Eutawville area
- Thorough knowledge of timber cruising, map reading,
orienteering, measuring diameter and circumferences of trees and
measuring standing heights of trees.
- Knowledge of forest management, wood procurement, wood quality,
market conditions for stumpage, pulp mill and sawmill requirements
and specifications, landowner concerns, competitive environment,
wood price structures, logging costs, wood supplier issues
- Knowledge of SFI and state BMP guidelines
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting, transportation, and basic
- Ability to work in all-weather climates
- Team player
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other category or characteristic protected by
federal law, state, or local law.
Keywords: Koppers Inc., Charleston , Procurement Forester, Other , Eutawville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!