Gabrielle AM Server
Company: Hotel Bennett
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Serve food and beverage items to customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional and timely manner.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- A minimum of 6 months experience as a server in a full-service establishment.
- Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Food safety certification preferred.
- Responsible alcohol vendor certification preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Take orders for and serve all food and beverage requests, using suggestive selling techniques.
- Clear tables during service.
- Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the Outlet Supervisor/ Manager.
- Demonstrate a complete knowledge and understanding of the sequence of service, food and beverage core values, and Hotel Bennett service standards.
- Have full and complete knowledge of the menu and the wine list. Know about menu items, ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes for all dishes, to be able to guide the guest through the menu and make any suggestions or recommendations in the guests' interest.
- Be aware of all cashiering procedures and the handling of all payment methods. Understand and follow all POS procedures and policies as stated in the Cash Handling Policy.
- Work effectively with all Service Professionals, such as culinary, server assistants ensuring efficient and effective teamwork.
- Ensure that all work areas and stations are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Perform all opening, side and closing duties as well as all daily and weekly duties to the set standards as outlined in the Departmental Training Manual.
- Attend pre-shift, weekly and monthly meetings to be well-informed about events, promotions and other news concerning Hotel Bennett.
- Understand how to operate the equipment used in the outlet and to protect all assets in the outlet and in the hotel.
- Assist all guests (internal and external) with any inquiries or requests in a pleasant, helpful manner.
- Actively participate in and follow all health and safety policies and procedures set out for Hotel Bennett
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10--F) and kitchens (+110--F).
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for a minimum of 8 hours in length. Walking and standing are required for the majority of the work day and possibly for 8 hours or more.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Salamander is a drug-free workplace and participant in E-Verify.
Keywords: Hotel Bennett, Charleston , Gabrielle AM Server, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
here to apply!