Room Service Server
Company: Hotel Bennett
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Under supervision of the In Room Dining Supervisor delivers food
and beverage orders to guest rooms according to hotel
specifications, courteously and efficiently. Also assists in the
maintenance and cleanliness of the In Room Dinning area, guest hall
way, break down area and all of the equipment. Product knowledge is
essential and must know all aspects of the menu and beverage
offerings. Deliver amenities to guests. Maintain and contribute to
a positive work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of scheduled daily activities and
in-house groups, daily house count, hours of operation of each
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and
non-alcoholic selections available through In Room Dining.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, preparation
method, ingredients, sauces, preparation time, garnishes,
presentation and prices.
- Maintain complete knowledge of guest room layout, locations and
room numbers/names. Retrieve all food orders from kitchen, all
alcoholic beverage from bar and place on the table/tray in
accordance with the departmental standards.
- Serve the food items and beverages to the guest in accordance
with the departmental standards.
- Follow and support service commitment and core values.
- High school graduate, some college.
- In Room Dining service experience preferred.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food
- Certification in alcoholic awareness program and Food handling
- Knowledge of local activities and attractions appropriate for
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests,
management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to use Micros and manual systems.
- Minimum 18 years of age to serve alcohol.
- Ability to exert physical effort while transporting trays and
tables from service area to guests.
- Ability to focus on details, maintain good coordination and work
cohesively with co-workers as part of the team with minimal
- 90% - Stands during entire shift. 50% - Reaches and bends
frequently. 70% - carries 20 lbs and push tables over a long
distance. 75 % Verbally communicates with Guests.
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All
aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence,
performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law. Salamander is a
drug-free workplace and participant in E-Verify.
Keywords: Hotel Bennett, Charleston , Room Service Server, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!