Branch Service Supervisor/ Head Teller
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
As the main point of contact to service customer transactions,
tellers are responsible for providing a positive experience that
leads to customer satisfaction and product sales. Tellers process
transactions accurately and efficiently while simultaneously
introducing products and services that meet the customer's needs
and encouraging customers to expand their relationship. The Branch
Service Supervisor leads the teller line in cross-selling,
referrals and new business. The Branch Service Supervisor is
responsible for supervising, scheduling and ensuring Teller line
compliance. Demonstrates passion for delighting the customer by
living the Customer Covenant every day. Branch must have more than
one Teller in order to have a Branch Service Supervisor. The Branch
Service Supervisor has a dotted-line reporting relationship to the
Regional Operations Manager and will be held accountable for proper
compliance with branch operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates an industry leading customer service experience by
following the Synovus Customer Service Standards. Proactively
greets customers at teller station or designated greeter station to
create a connection and develop rapport with customers to provide
outstanding, personalized service.
* Demonstrates solid working knowledge of bank products and
services. Listens carefully to customers to understand their
financial priorities and to recommend products and solutions that
will benefit them.
* Sales and production-related job functions:
* Meets or exceeds individual performance sales goals while
supporting the goals of the branch. Ensures that all Tellers are
aware of, and participating in, achievement of performance and
sales goals. Drives sales performance on the Teller line.
Participates in sales and training activities to reach closed
* Makes outbound calls to customers in order to discuss their
financial needs and recommend products and solutions that would
* Actively promotes the bank's products and services by connecting
customers through referrals to appropriate departments for
specialized services. Performs proactive outreach to customers and
prospects during sales campaigns and promotions.
* Serves as the primary sales role in the bank for Synovus Connect
* Appropriately utilizes the Sales Management system to capture and
* Participates in daily kick-offs/huddles and weekly sales
meetings. Champions products as assigned and shares specific
product information and sales tips. Ensures proper lobby management
to maximize customer service and sales opportunities.
Operations Related Job Functions:
* Knows and follows Branch Operations Standards. Follows business
code of conduct, compliance and regulatory guidelines and policies,
and PFP updates. Completes compliance and other assigned
technical/operations training on time.
* Performs as the IBS Teller Insight Branch Administrator. Updates
profiles for users, assigns authority, performs other IBS
TellerInsight Administration tasks.
* Understands the banks security policies and procedures, assists
in opening and closing procedures and maintaining codes, alarm
function, cameras, cash controls and other opening / closing
* Monitors and maintains established levels of cash in the branch.
Determines what needs to be ordered and/or shipped. Supply and
verify cash to and from customers, tellers, and other branches.
* Appropriately utilizes override authority.
Supervisory/Leadership Job Functions:
* Participates in the interviewing and hiring of Teller staff.
Ensures tellers are properly trained and assimilated into their
role. Provides training, coaching and mentoring to teller staff and
ensures staff compliance with bank policies and procedures.
* Supervises and schedules teller line operations to assure that
sufficient staff is available and that customer transactions are
processed accurately, efficiently, and courteously. Assigns and
reviews the work of tellers and offers guidance to tellers in
handling complex customer transactions, balancing daily
settlements, and meeting customer needs.
* Completes all phases of the Performance Management process for
tellers, to include Goal Setting, Ongoing Coaching, and Year End
Performance Review. Coaches and counsels team members and ensures
appropriate disciplinary action as needed.
* Demonstrates high level of accuracy and efficiency when
conducting customer transactions and maintains accurate records of
all transactions. Executes various customer transactions including
but not limited to: receiving and paying out cash or other
disbursements, cashing checks, accepting account deposits and
withdrawals, accepting loan and credit card payments, issuing money
orders, and Connections cards. Demonstrates the ability to manage
complex service issues independently.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Achieving Goals: Focuses efforts on results that matter; builds
enthusiasm for the organization's goals; demonstrates a passion for
producing top quality work; handles high priority tasks with a
sense of urgency.
* Driving Change: Effectively manages the communication process
surrounding change; advocates with team members to embrace the
benefits of change; follows up and drives change efforts through to
completion; provides team members with the support they need to
* Building an Effective Team: Attracts, selects, and retains
talented team members in his/her branch; uses clear and objective
action plans with team members to drive development; provides
regular coaching and feedback to improve performance; creates
strong morale and spirit on his/her team by sharing wins and
* Customer Focus: Demonstrates a passion for exceptional customer
service; anticipates and responds to changing customer needs; leads
others to deliver outstanding customer service; champions company
standards associated with superior customer service.
* Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively in a concise
and straightforward manner; adapts communication style to the
audience and situation; openly shares information and keeps people
updated; listens patiently and asks questions to clarify others'
point of view.
* Job Knowledge: Shares knowledge willingly with others;
demonstrates insight into the industry, the market, and
competitors; demonstrates a strong work ethic and high
* Initiative: Is personally committed to and actively works to
continuously improve him/herself; delegates effectively and to the
right level; understands that different situations and levels may
call for different skills and approaches; self starter to seize
opportunities as they arise.
* Solving Problems: Considers several alternatives and solutions
for any given problem, remains open-minded to the ideas of others;
examines best practices and what has worked successfully before;
focuses attention on the underlying causes of problems.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
the workplace. Minimum Education: High school diploma or
Minimum Experience: Three (3) years of Teller or related financial
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Charleston , Branch Service Supervisor/ Head Teller, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!