Supervisor Station Operations - LCF
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job ID: 2019-2406# of Openings: 1Category: Ground OperationsCity:
CharlestonState: SCCompany: Atlas Air, IncOverview
Provide oversight and direction to staff, vendors, and customers
ensuring that proper Atlas and FAA handling procedures are used in
the performance of duties. Supervise all aspect of station
operations including ground handling and coordination with other
departments including Maintenance, Flight Crew, and Stores.
- Comply with all Company Procedures, as outlined in manuals,
bulletins, and memos.
- Perform job duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow Company, local, and government safety and security
policies and procedures.
- Communicate with Station Manager and HDQ Global Control Center
on any issues or irregularities that affect the operation.
- Work to ensure all staff, customers, vendors, and government
authorities are aware of the Atlas and Polar arrival and departure
times at your station.
- Ensure that all required equipment and personnel are in their
proper position prior to aircraft arrival and departure at the
assigned parking location.
- Coordinate with customers to ensure proper and timely load
- Ensure that all required preload checks are accomplished in
order to ensure Joint Inspection, cargo, and ULD integrity and
- Certified to perform all aspects of ground operations including
load planning, weight & balance, SME Joint Inspection, dangerous
goods, deicing, fueling, catering, security, cargo documentation,
- Certified as MTS Coordinator and DBL Coordinator. Able to
supervise all others operating this equipment.
- Coordinate and supervise all cargo- related functions
associated with handling the flight, which includes inspection of
ULDs, checking the weights randomly or on-site inspection of
pallets being weighed prior to being loaded onto Atlas Air or Polar
Air Cargo aircraft.
- Insure a thorough HAZMAT check of all outbound cargo is
- Check accuracy of NOTOC, create if necessary.
- Ensure that the departing crew receives NOTOC in a timely
manner so that crewmembers may conduct their inspection.
- Compute Weight and Balance.
- Receive and reproduce flight plans, weather, NOTAM/INTAMS and
any other documents sent to the flight crews from Dispatch to
operate their flight.
- Send and receive aircraft movement and load messages to and
from up line and down line stations via SITA, e-Mail, fax or any
other means required to notify all concerned.
- Coordinate with GCC to alert crews for flights and arrange
ground transportation for crew between aircraft, operations, and
hotels as required.
- Arrange and order catering for flights adhering to proper
catering procedures and levels per Company catering standards as
provided in the published manuals.
- Supervise aircraft and loading crews.
- Ensure that the station-marshaling plan is followed, as
- Replace and/or revises aircraft manuals and Jeppesens, as
- Conduct FOD and Safety audits as required.
- Identify potential problems as they develop and work with the
Station Manager, GCC, and Customer to reach resolutions.
- Ensure that all required Company reports are completed and
distributed in a timely manner.
- Follow all required safety and security procedures as dictated
by the Ground Security Coordinator (GSC) and the TSA.
- Qualified if required by station operations as MTS and DBL
- Performs other duties as assigned, including GSE and UGSE
- Demonstrate an ability to teach technical systems and skills to
vendors and handlers to ensure proper handling of Company
- Have a broad background in the airline industry or
- Have a specific experience in the areas of duty and
- Have the ability to work independently.
- Computer literacy, the ability to not only run basic e-mail and
word processing programs, but be able to learn and operate
proficiently company and industry programs. Some examples are as
- Cargo Spot
- Applicants are required to successfully pass company Initial
and annual recurrent training in areas of Load planning, Weight &
Balance, and aircraft handling
- Ability to supervise staff, vendors, and contractors, including
ability communicate clearly both written and verbal.
- Maintain a current and valid driver's license. PI110088153
Keywords: Atlas Air, Inc, Charleston , Supervisor Station Operations - LCF, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!