Assistant Scientist I- Analytical 2/3rd Shift
Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
The Assistant Scientist I Analytical is accountable for driving
results in a fast-paced environment by performing analytical
routine and non-routine testing in support of pharmaceutical
product development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. The Assistant
Scientist I may also be required to work on method
development/method validation projects. Typical types of testing
includes: assays (potencies, related substances, residual solvents,
metals, etc.), rate of release (dissolution), moisture content,
identification and various other wet chemistry based measurements.
HPLC and/or GC based methodologies are commonly employed in the
described testing. Other key methodologies applied include:
titrations, UV, AA and IR. Test methods employed may be compendial
(i.e. USP, EP) or proprietary (client supplied or developed by the
company). The role will work on problems of moderate scope in which
analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable
factors. The ideal candidate will exercise judgment within defined
procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. The
position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core
competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in
functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Maintains working knowledge of routine instrumentation, equipment
and scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned
* Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule according to
standard operating procedure and supervisor instruction.
* Maintains basic understanding of underlying scientific
* Analyzes information for technical correctness and accuracy.
* Complies with applicable GMPs, peer checks information and signs
for GMP review.
* Brings aberrant information to the attention of supervisor and
executes minor QA deviations per standard operating procedures.
* Participates in company sponsored training and maintains current
status of certifcations.
* Demonstrates company loyalty in relations with Company personnel
* Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment free of
* Enters project hours promptly and updates project status on
appropriate tracking and/or timekeeping systems.
* Suggests improvements for safety, work quality and
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Science related field with 0 2+ years of
related work experience.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* General knowledge of Chemistry and scientific calculations.
* General Lab Techniques ( i.e. extractions).
* Good understanding of GLP/GMP Policies / Regulations.
* Detailed understanding of the theoretical basis of
* Basic Laboratory Skills (equipment usage, terminology, etc).
* Knowledge of Chromatography (i.e. HPLC, GC).
* Knowledge of Spectroscopy (i.e. UV, IR, AA)
* Knowledge of Titronics (i.e. KF).
* Basic understanding of Millennium (if chromatography
* Knowledge Wet Chemistry.
* Knowledge of Dissolution.
* Ability to efficiently organize routine work with minimum
* Able to properly evaluates and interprets generated data.
* Able to troubleshoot equipment.
* Up to 5% travel required.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life,
accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
past or present military service, marital status, gender
identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic
characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
* Back Share
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Charleston , Assistant Scientist I- Analytical 2/3rd Shift, Other , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!