Service & Maintenance Technician (Charleston, SC)
Company: TLD America
Posted on: January 16, 2020
The Maintenance Technician will be representing TLD/AES and its
core principles before our customers. He/she will complete
scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on mechanical, electrical,
hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, adhere to and comply with service
bulletins, and perform computer based software updates,
diagnostics, and troubleshooting for Unique Ground Support
Equipment (UGSE). All maintenance technicians will report directly
to the Site Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned and are not limited to the
* Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, HVAC, and/or
electrical discrepancies on various Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
systems and subsystems.
* Inspect, repair, and/or overhaul components, such as mechanical,
electrical, pneumatic, HVAC, and hydraulic systems.
* Disassemble components, inspect for quality factors, and
reassemble to OEM specifications.
* Meticulously document all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
actions utilizing computer based Maintenance Information Systems
* Strictly adhere to common aviation practices of Tool Control, FOD
Prevention, Safety, and Parts Accountability.
* Strict adherence to all environmental safety and regulatory
commissions, including (but not limited to) Occupational Safety and
Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency
* Professional interaction with internal and external
* Perform routine housekeeping duties, including cleaning work
area, toolboxes, and company vehicle(s).
* Ensure proper safety while operating equipment on-site.
* Other assignments as designated by the Site Manager and/or the
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Minimum 3 years of service repair experience in hydraulic,
pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills with some PLC and HVAC
* Minimum 2 years performing repair and maintenance on Mobile Heavy
Equipment and related components, experience with diesel powered
* Strong electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair
* Knowledge of and the ability to perform corrosion control
utilizing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Familiarity with the use of repair manuals, wiring (electrical)
diagrams and schematics (electrical and hydraulic) necessary to
troubleshoot and/or repair failed components.
* Average to advanced computer skills necessary with an aptitude to
acquire increased skills preferred.
* Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged
physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling,
squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward
positions and tight areas).
* Must be able to properly lift weights exceeding 50 pounds.
* Ability to work in all weather conditions.
* Must possess hand tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to
communicate effectively and professionally with internal and
* Must be able to read and speak the English language.
* Ability to work both as a team and/or independently with great
* Legally eligible to work in the United States.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a valid driver s license.
* No travel restrictions.
* Med/Heavy Truck Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification
* Universal HVAC certification preferred.
TLD provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals
regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Further, TLD takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are
employed and employees are treated during employment without regard
to any of these characteristics. All recruiting, hiring, training,
promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are
provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Employment decisions are based on the principles
of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
TLD is committed to ensuring that its online application process
provides an equal employment opportunity to all candidates,
including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a
reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to
submit an application, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages sent for this purpose will
Department: Alvest Equipment Services (AES)
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Keywords: TLD America, Charleston , Service & Maintenance Technician (Charleston, SC), Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!