Company: Louis Berger Services, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
# of Openings
Transportation - Bridges/Tunnels
The Journeyman Electrician will be responsible for the diagnosis,
repair and installation of the electrical equipment for
transportation related assets including bridges and roadway
*This position is contingent upon award of contract.*
* Assist Master Electrician with oversight of daily operations,
Structure Work Order completion, incident and emergency response,
logistics coordination, customer service request closeout, problem
and conflict resolution, quality assurance, deliverable submission
and other requirements defined under the client Scope of
* Operations, maintenance, and repair of structure infrastructure,
e.g. movable and fixed bridges, high mast lights, bridge fender
systems, overhead signs, drainage structures, bridge deck, etc.
* Conduct scheduled routine electrical systems preventive
* Responsible for recording and reporting all findings upon
* Conduct scheduled routine preventive maintenance of roadway
lighting cabinets and controls.
* Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and replacing the
following electrical components: contactors, relays, limit
switches, momentary switches, malfunctioning motors, motor controls
and disconnects, relay logic circuits, variable frequency drives,
automatic transfer switches, programmable logic controller
* HS Diploma or GED required; Associate s degree preferred.
Completion of an accredited apprenticeship or vocational training
* Must possess an active Journeyman Electrician license.
* Three (3) years of directly applicable experience delivering
asset management or highway/roadway/bridge operations and
maintenance; state or local government experience a plus.
* Must have a valid driver s license and be able pass a physical
exam (Ability to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of
time, bend or stoop in confined spaces, climb ladders, walk for
extended periods of time, work under stressful conditions, and move
* Adherence to all OSHA and NECA safety regulations.
* Knowledge of proper lockout/tagout procedures
* Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams
* Extensive knowledge and skill in repairing and replacing
following lighting systems: highway sign, bridge, aesthetic and
* Ability to operate Bucket Truck.
* Must be able to professionally interact with customers of all
* Must speak, read and write English.
Louis Berger Services is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA
Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Keywords: Louis Berger Services, Inc., Charleston , Journeyman Electrician, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!