Technical Expert, Logistics
Company: Lanxess Corporation
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Who we are:
LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR
6.8 billion in 2019 and about 14,300 employees in 33 countries. The
company is currently represented at 60+ production sites worldwide.
The core business of LANXESS is the development, manufacturing and
marketing of chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals
LANXESS is listed in the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones
Sustainability Index (DJSI World) and FTSE4Good.
In the United States, LANXESS employs more than 2,000 people at 21
locations in 10 states.
What we can offer you:
LANXESS is a young company with strong roots! We derive our
strength from global presence, management excellence and most
importantly our people! Our employees are the pillars of our
We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as
internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay
and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal
and professional development programs that are a part of our vision
and values that drive our ongoing success.
* Evaluate and decide technical specifications for transport assets
related to the products produced and shipped from the Charleston,
SC plant (containers, valves, flanges, gaskets, etc.) throughout
the region and internationally.
* Primary contact person for troubleshooting operational or
technical issues in regards to the Charleston, SC transport bulk
fleet, including OTMAs for railcars (internal partners and Lanxess
representative with external stakeholders). Technical
responsibility to non-bulk packaging systems in the site warehouse
* Responsible to author pre and post loading/unloading procedures
for transport equipment.
* Manage training process for appropriate Charleston Site personnel
per DOT/IMDG/IATA and Corporate requirements.
* Provide technical support as needed to external service providers
in support of the maintenance function of the Charleston, SC
* Conduct audits of service providers to ensure compliance along
with qualification visits at customer sites to ensure proper
handling of material/bulk assets.
* Provide expert advice (technical support) for customers regarding
unloading requirements and issues/questions related to transport
equipment shipped from the Charleston, SC plant.
* Evaluate applicability and implement required changes to assets,
policies and procedures at the Charleston, SC plant site as
notified of changes in DOT and FRA regulations.
* Serve as Emergency Response coordinator for issues related to
bulk assets, including conducting tabletop scenarios and emergency
drills with equipment (within the region for materials originating
from the Charleston site).
* Serve as the TSA Rail Security Coordinator for handling Toxic
Inhalation Hazard materials via rail per Homeland Security
* Bachelor's Degree in Logistic Management; Mechanical Engineering
* 5-10 years previous experience in similar environment
* Previous leadership and project management experience
What we offer you:
* Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages,
inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance
* Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a variety of benefits to
support your financial security, health and wellbeing including
retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical
* Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance
between working hours and personal life. With our global Xwork
program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in
which we operate.
* Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and
personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of
education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal
Diversity: LANXESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
veteran status or disability.
Join the LANXESS team!
Must include a resume.
Keywords: Lanxess Corporation, Charleston , Technical Expert, Logistics, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!