Lead Project Analyst
Company: Haynes, Inc
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Task Title: Global Compensation--(CGFS/GC)
Vacant Position: Lead Project Analyst
DoS Manager: Amy Self, Managing Director, Global Compensation,
The Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Services (CGFS),
Global Compensation provides compensation services to U.S. Foreign
Service employees, Department of State Civil Service employees and
Locally Employed (LE) staff. We provide both American and LE Staff
payroll services for U.S. Agencies Overseas and Annuity services
for Foreign Service Retirees. We are located in Charleston, South
Carolina and Bangkok, Thailand where we manage one of the most
complex compensation environments in the world, providing
compensation services in 180 countries and 140 currencies. Our
services include time and attendance, payroll, annuity payments,
customer support, withholding, benefits, record keeping and
reporting for our employees working domestically and overseas at
our Embassies and Missions. Our primary goal is to provide
world-class compensation services to our customers.
Global Compensation requires a contractor to provide Leadership
support to the Office of Global Compensation., which provides
compensation services to U.S. Foreign Service, Department of State
Civil Service and Foreign Service Retirees. We also provide
American payroll services for U.S. Agencies Overseas. GC manages a
diverse Foreign affairs payroll environment, providing our services
to our Civil and Senior Executive Service employees domestically,
U.S. Foreign Service employees in the U.S., and overseas, and
Annuity services to Foreign Service Retirees. Our services include
time and attendance, payroll, annuity payments, customer support,
withholding, benefits, record keeping and reporting for our
employees and Annuitants. The position provides support to the
Branch Chief of Project A, Brian Dixon, and to the Managing
Director of Global Compensation, Amy Self.
- Eight years of overall relevant professional experience and at
least four years of management or technical leadership experience.
Must have a four-year degree from an accredited university or
college in accounting or a related field such as computer science
or business administration.
- Experience in staffing and resource allocation for developing,
implementing, and supporting diverse tasks such as development and
use of large complex systems.
- Demonstrated technical task leadership and communications
- Experience in analysis of automated financial management
systems, particularly those systems supporting Department of
- Experience with payroll, accounting or financial analysis
- The Department prefers candidates that have experience with the
systems and technologies that support DoS accounting and financial
services, and experience with large, complex Federal accounting and
financial management systems.
- High levels of confidentiality, ethics and integrity is
- Key Skills - Leadership, flexibility, time-management,
detail-orientated, organized, excellent communicator via phone and
email, excellent customer service, team player, analytical,
positive attitude, good computer, research, and problem-solving
- Previous experience working with confidential/classified
information is preferred.
- A Masters degree is preferable. CPA certification or Certified
Government Financial Manger (CGFM) is highly desirable.Functional
- A percentage of time is allocated to assist the APM in
managing/supporting the contractor personnel in a division (The
percentage of time will vary based on situations/scenarios that may
arise within a department).
- Acts a liaison between the contractor employees and the clients
- Assists APM with performance coaching, mentoring and
development of contractor employees.
- Assists APM with new employee/hire orientations and scheduling
(Preparation of the new hire binder, OJT Form requirements from the
DoS Manager, badging appointment, building tour, introductions to
division staff, coordinates with division Secretary for cubical set
up, training schedule from the DoS Manager and identification of
required systems access).
- Assists APM with travel and training document preparation.
- Assists APM with interviewing and candidate selection.
- Assists APM to ensure contractors are compliant with
established Haynes Contract and DoS policies and procedures.
- Assists APM in reviewing time and attendance to ensure accurate
billing (monitor sign in/out logs and time and attendance database
- Assists APM in monitoring contractor scheduling and leave
requests in the office to ensure appropriate staffing/coverage.
During T&A weeks and Holidays the Contractor Team Lead will
work closely with DoS Management to ensure appropriate
- Required to meet with each contractor employee for a quarterly
one-on-one to go over performance and address and
issues/concerns/questions [documents meetings].
- Assists APM with review and approval of contractor leave
requests and deviations from the normal work schedule. Assists APM
with managing the contractor employees work schedule and ensure
appropriate coverage within the department - will notify the client
of any schedule changes.
- Works with the client to review requests for overtime against
workload requirements. Collects overtime forms from all contractor
staff and provides to DoS Manager and GTM for approval
- Required to attend a monthly Team Lead Meeting and ad hoc
meetings as necessary to address contractor related
- Ability to travel, representing the team and delivering
briefings as required for specific role.
- Builds and maintains training material for team.
- Assists government security specialist with on-boarding of new
hire employees, including provided detailed briefing and overview
of work and responsibilities.
- Back-up systems operator to various payroll operations
conducted on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.Project
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Provides technical expertise on DoS accounting procedures,
policies, regulations and operations and as technical advisor in
resolving complex issues relating to DoS accounting operations and
- Provides expert advice concerning accounting standards and
processes and has the expertise to perform analysis of interface
issues, analysis of interface processes, and the resolution of
- Independently devises ways to improve processes and improve
systems efficiency for processes and procedures.
- Writes or provides oversight authority concerning the
development of training, training manuals, and procedures for
compensation functions, financial systems software, and financial
- Must be able to work on several tasks simultaneously and to
work independently without any higher-level coordination or
direction for day-to-day activities.
- Assists with DoS financial reporting and analysis.
- Proficiency in all compensation-related actions and activities
and being able to assist team with transfer of knowledge when new
hires arrives or rotation occurs.
- Delivers training to new hire staff and helps audits the work
that new hires are completing.
- Ability to travel, represent the team, and deliver briefings as
required for specific role.
- Prepares reports on various aspects of the payroll cycle, as
requested by DoS.
- Primary systems operator to various payroll operations
conducted on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Delegates projects and other responsibilities to team, as
needed.Software Systems Utilized:
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), Global Foreign
Affairs Compensation System (GFACS), GFS Knowledge Base (KB), GEMS
(Government Employee Management System), DIS (Document Imaging
System & various websites of government agencies (Employee Express,
IRS, TSP, Office of Personnel Management) and other software
systems required to complete the job.
Period of Performance:
The contractor is expected to work an 8 hour shift between the
hours of 6:15 am - 6:00 pm (Core working hours are 9:00 am -3:00
pm). Work Schedule will be defined based on the work requirements
of Global Compensation. The Contractor has a non-compensated,
45-minute lunch Monday through Friday (between the hours of 11:00
am - 2 pm), excluding federal holidays observed at the government
site. Performance under this task order may require work in excess
of the normal forty-hour work week to include weekends as the
workload requires it. Work performed in excess of 40 hours may be
scheduled or unscheduled work and must be authorized by your
Project Manager and DoS Management.
All personnel provided under this task order must be able to either
possess or obtain a government security clearance at "TOP
Formal Training Requirements:
GFS10 - Reading and Understanding Fiscal Data
Haynes Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or
other protected status in any of the terms or conditions of
-- Copyright 2020 Haynes, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Powered by ApplicantStack--- Applicant Tracking
Keywords: Haynes, Inc, Charleston , Lead Project Analyst, Professions , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!