Maintenance Technician III
Company: Bishop Gadsden
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Opportunity: Maintenance Technician Level III team members at
Bishop Gadsden Retirement Community (James Island) are assigned to
complete skilled maintenance functions in the building and physical
plant of our community. This position is considered to be master
level. This is a customer service oriented position that requires
constant interaction with residents and team members. The
successful candidate will have compassion for and the desire to
work with the elderly. Be BG! Benefits for FT Bishop Gadsden Team
Members We offer a wide range of Full-Time benefits such as:
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Short
and Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, Generous PTO
Program, Cash-In Unused PTO, 401(k) Matching Retirement Plan,
End-of-the-Year Bonus Wellness Programs and Facilities, Employee
Assistance Program and community caf-- discounts.
- General plumbing tasks such as changing out faucets, mixing
valves, plunging a toilet, replacing a wax ring, rebuilding a
toilet, clearing drains. Install plumbing/troubleshoot
- General electrical tasks such as lock out/tag out, bulb
replacement, ballast replacement, fixture change out, fuse
replacement, light switch/outlet replacement. Install electrical
wiring and troubleshoot existing.
- Perform carpentry related duties to include construction,
demolition, and repair.
- Troubleshoot/install/reset equipment and appliances.
- Perform all equipment preventative maintenance tasks.
- Install/troubleshoot/repair boiler system.
- Monitor/regulate 4 pipe systems and domestic water supply
- Install/troubleshoot/reset/repair all types of HVAC
- Understand and operate HVAC mechanical, and controls, as well
as trouble shoot and repair. Qualifications
- Must have EPA Certification
- Pleasant interaction skills are necessary for exchanging
information as well as maintaining a courteous relationship with
the residents, families, visitors and employees
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct exhibiting a
respectful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, reach, squat, climb, reach above
head, carry, and lift (up to 50 lbs.).
- Must adhere to attendance and scheduling requirements.
- Able to work occasional holidays and occasional weekends
Required Education and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- General experience in building maintenance required
- Valid SC driver's license Who We Are! Founded in 1850, Bishop
Gadsden located on James Island, is a not-for-profit, faith-based
retirement community, affiliated with the Episcopal Church. Bishop
Gadsden is known as the Southeast's leading life care retirement
community and is located on 134 acres of lush marshlands and
majestic oaks on James Island, just 10 minutes from downtown
Charleston. Nationally recognized for our architectural design and
high-quality programs and services, Bishop Gadsden offers residents
the amenities, support, and freedom to live truly extraordinary
lives. We offer team members a beautiful work environment, top pay,
great benefits, and a community-minded atmosphere. JB.0.00.LN
Keywords: Bishop Gadsden, Charleston , Maintenance Technician III, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!