Location: North Charleston
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Date Posted: 2021-04-07Category: Wage Determination
(SCA)Subcategory: Service Contract ActSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day
JobTravel: NoMinimum Clearance Required: NoneClearance Level Must
Be Able to Obtain: Public TrustPotential for Remote Work: No
Description SAIC is seeking a Cable Fab Technician in North
Charleston, SC to support a government client.
1025 Fite Street
North Charleston, SC 29405
- Perform cable fabrication work for multiple government
- Review wire diagrams, schematics, and cable run sheets to
verify correct build of cables. Assemble cables to specifications
via cable run sheets and/or schematics; to include but not limited
to multi-pin connectors and RF cables.
- Assemble cable harnesses and junction box assemblies; including
MIL-SPEC cylindrical connectors, back shells, terminal boxes, and
radio frequency (RF).
- Know how to work crimp tools, heat gun, and various electrical
and mechanical tools.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, test and check all of the cables that
are built and produced in the shop using TMDE (test, measure, and
- Keep accurate inventories of all tools and materials on
Qualifications Required Education and Experience
- Associate's Degree in Engineering, Physical Science, and
Engineering Technology. 0 years' experience.
- Experience: None.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience: 3 years of practical experience, to include:
laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Active DOD clearance accepted.
- Be able to safely complete all of the physical demands of the
job in a warehouse environment, including but not limited to the
- Lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying up to 50 pounds,
unassisted, on a regular basis.
- Walking, bending, stooping, sitting, standing or squatting for
- Walk distances of at least one-half mile daily.
- Repeatedly manipulating and handling objects needed for cable
fabrication, including reaching, grasping, twisting, turning and
operating equipment and tools.
- Move and arrange heavy cable supplies and electronic
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end
solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate
the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem
to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500
strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by
opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit or for
benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering
people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work
culture that values all.
Keywords: SAIC, Charleston , Fab Technician, Professions , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!