Quality Control Inspector
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: June 22, 2022
PDS Tech Inc. is currently hiring for a Quality Control
Inspector to work at the North Charleston, SC Honeywell
location.$13.90/HRResponsibilities of Position:
- Visual glove inspection
- Test glove for proper thickness using instruments such as
calipers and micrometers
- Accurately record visual test data and defect by type/class and
enter data into MRP system
- Separate rejects from saleable products
- Ensure products meet ASTM, internal and customer quality
- Electrically test gloves in accordance with established
- Dry tested products
- Accurately record electrical test data
- Destroy defects as prescribed
- Clean test equipment and plan work to optimize efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
- Position Alignment: (Reports To/Matrix Mgr/Span of
- ISC Function
- Reports to Team Lead and/or Quality/Inspection Supervisor
- Minimum inspection quantity is 36 pair per hour.
- Inspection quality must meet all standards (customer, ASTM,
- Testing quantity is 100 pair of gloves per hour.
- Defects must be accurately identified and recorded.
- Must 5s and keep work area clean and organized.
- Must follow standardized work instructions. - Attributes/Skills
- Attention to detail. Supports HSE and safe work environment,
identifies/reports unsafe conditions and follows safety rules.
- Works successfully in a team environment, dependable, excellent
attendance record, supports HOS and 5s.
- Willingness and ability to cross train. Experience/Education
- Required: HS Diploma or GED; a minimum of one year experience
in quality, warehouse or distribution.
- Basic computer skills and experience in lean manufacturing/six
- Obtain forklift license as required. Desirable:
- Advanced education. Physical Requirements/PPE:
- Intermittent work flow requiring constant physical effort,
dexterity, or mental-visual concentration throughout a cycle or for
- Must frequently lift and transport 35 pound tote boxes.
- Inspection function requires sitting approximately 90% of
shift; testing function requires standing 95% of time; both require
repetitive motion of arm/hands.
- Must have excellent vision (corrected) to adequately see
- PPE: Steel toed shoes and safety glasses. Nitrile latex gloves,
apron and splash goggles are required while transferring cleaning
solvents to splash cansPDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran
status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or
other legally protected status. Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is
one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31
offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Charleston , Quality Control Inspector, Professions , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!