Location: North Charleston
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Family Group:Sales and Business Development Are you ready to
do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible
team to solve problems that improve people's lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and
enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow
better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that
the air we all breathe is cleaner. Our people come from all
different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily.
We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too
small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and
celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person's unique
talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and
sustainable solutions for our customers and our world. Bold.
Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you,
we'd love for you to join Ingevity! The Associate Technician
position is part of the Product and Process Development team within
the Performance Materials Technical group. This position will
interface with operations and the Automotive Evaporative Emissions
business to support existing products and manufacturing processes
as well as the development of new products and processes for the
Automotive market and new markets. - Duties of the position include
helping to plan experiments, operating bench and pilot scale
equipment, participating in plant trials, and documenting results.
The ability to react quickly to changing project needs and work
well within a team are critical aspects of the position. - - Here's
how you will impact Ingevity:
- Be part of a dynamic team that develops new products and
processes involving innovative technologies
- Aid plant expansion and process improvement efforts at our
manufacturing facilities around the globe
- Generate critical data from bench scale and pilot plant
experiments that aid product and process development goals
- Utilize creative thinking and "outside-the-box" problem solving
to overcome challenges
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment Here is what
you'll need to succeed in this role:
- High standards for working safely, including proper storage,
labeling, and use of chemicals, compliance with safe work practices
and policies, and housekeeping. -
- Minimum of a high school diploma with a desire to conduct
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a lab or manufacturing
environment; a technical associate's or bachelor's degree will be
considered in lieu of hands-on experience.
- Experience with laboratory and small-scale pilot equipment is
preferred, including maintenance, calibration, and
- Attention to detail, and high standards for data accuracy,
organization and reporting.
- Strong analytical, observational, and time management
- Ability to work respectfully and effectively within a diverse
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and flexibility.
- Effective communication skills to listen and respond to
internal customers, and to participate in cross-functional project
- Willingness to travel up to 20% domestically and
internationally, based on project needs.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.This
role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. - The
successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require
sponsorship to work in the US. Ingevity is a company made up of
extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all
worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great
strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity
and respect - a culture where everyone belongs. Ingevity is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes
and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with
unsolicited resumes. -
Keywords: Ingevity, Charleston , Associate Technician, Professions , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!