Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- Operate and monitor boilers (Cleaver Brooks and Superior
Boilers), and HVAC Systems.
- Performs service and preventive maintenance on all boilers,
emergency generators, pumps, control valves and auxiliary machinery
90% of the time, in a prompt manner.
- Submits estimates of material and labor needed for each project
and oversees the upgrading of stock.
- Prepares boilers and related equipment for annual state, city
and insurance inspections.
- Daily performance of tests on water samples to record and
determine what, if any, corrective actions are to be taken.
- Ensures proper care and observes all safety measures in the use
of any equipment and supplies 100% of the time.Responsibilities:1.
Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment including
refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers,
2. Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of HVAC
units, isolated heating and ventilating units, including boilers,
gas and electrically operated air conditioning equipment, and make
necessary adjustments or repairs.
3. Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and
their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan
controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters,
controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls,
pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
4. Operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder torch, vacuum
pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle;
maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition;
maintain parts and tool inventory.
5. Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair,
installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers,
motors and wiring systems as needed; connect motors to control
6. Install, rebuild, replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats,
fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets and other
equipment as necessary.
Maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials;
maintain log of tasks performed and write reports as required.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
8. Maintain regular attendance.KNOWLEDGE OF:1. Superior and Cleaver
Brooks Boiler systems.2. Standard practices of the HVAC trade.3.
Materials, methods and tools used in the operation and repair of
HVAC and refrigeration systems.4. Applicable building codes,
ordinances and regulations of State and local authorities
pertaining to HVAC, refrigeration and boilers.5. Air compressors
and pneumatic controls.6. Boiler water treatment.7. Health and
safety regulations.8. Basic record-keeping techniques.9. Proper
methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
1. Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection,
repair, installation and alteration of heating, ventilation, air
conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and
2. Calibrate systems.
3. Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of
4. Diagnose defects, and install, repair and maintain heating,
ventilating, refrigeration, and air-conditioning units.
5. Follow oral and written instructions.
6. Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in
the repair, installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation,
air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
7. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Understand and follow oral and written directions.
9. Work cooperatively with others.
10. Work independently with little direction.
11. Meet schedules and timelines.
12. Maintain routine records and prepare reports.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Charleston , Boiler Technician, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!