Automotive Technician - Georgetown, SC
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: January 25, 2023
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Automotive Mechanic for
our shop serving Georgetown, SC!
First things -First: Who are we? -
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet
management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981,
First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and
cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at
governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit
agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations
throughout the United States. -
Why join First as an Automotive Mechanic?
- $22 - $24 / hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
About the Position -
As an Automotive Mechanic with First Vehicle Services, you will
help maintain and repair automotive vehicles to ensure vehicle
readiness & safety. Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, engines, drivetrains, transmissions,
and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
Qualifications for Automotive Technician
- A valid driver's license is required.
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
employment experience or a combination of technical school
education & experience.
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must be willing to
participate in company ASE certification program (company training,
testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
Get your career on the road with First -Vehicle Services! -
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, -disability -or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all. - -
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Charleston , Automotive Technician - Georgetown, SC, Professions , Georgetown, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!