Lead Patient Care Technician
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Lead Patient Care Technician you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Trident
Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsTrident Medical Center,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Lead Patient Care Technician where your passion
for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsWhat you will do in this role:
- You will obtain vital signs, height and weight, intake and
output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple
non-sterile dressing changes.
- You will answer patient call lights in a timely manner and
respond to patient needs/requests.
- You will assist patients with performing activities of daily
living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming,
changing linens, providing water, ambulating, assisting with meal
delivery and feeding as directed.
- You will be responsible for safe patient handling: Turning and
positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of
transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive
devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction
use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential
compression devices (SCD).
- You will be responsible for recording information in the
patient's medical records
- You will maintain close communication with physicians, nurses
and other healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient's
care and condition.
- You will be responsible for educating patients and families on
the care and therapies being provided, in conjunction with
physicians and nurses.
- You will monitor supply levels in your unit and patient rooms
and restock as needed.What qualifications you will need:
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red
Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is
- 1 year of acute/hospital experience is preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 90 days of
employment start date"
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in
South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA
Healthcare network. Our hospital's services include a Bariatric
Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the
Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for
Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the
nation's top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to
our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are
committed to each other because when we join together, our patients
are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Lead Patient Care Technician opening. We promptly
review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Charleston , Lead Patient Care Technician, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!