Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Company: Ukpeagvik Inupiat
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Bowhead seeks a Senior Cyber Security Analyst to support the NIWC ISSS Validator Center of Excellence contract located in Charleston, SC. The Senior Computer Systems Analyst will support the upcoming Cybersecurity Information Technology contract. This contract is tasked with Validation and Vulnerability Assessment Support Services to include identification, quantification, prioritization or ranking of vulnerabilities and assessment of potential hazards and ensure the proper documentation of risk to an Information System (IS).
* Assist with collecting data from a variety of Computer Network Defense (CND) tools (including data from approved information assurance (IA) tools to include intrusion detection system alerts, firewall and network traffic logs, and post system logs) to analyze events that occur within their environment.
* Apply analytical skills to this data and all compliance with relevant non-technical controls, such as physical security and configuration management, to perform an audit function for the Agent of the Certification Authority (ACA) or other government Information Assurance (IA) Manager for mitigation of risks and reporting to include report generation for certification and accreditation packages or Certification of Net-worthiness efforts.
* Continuously assess the effectiveness of policies, procedures, orders, etc. and provide recommendations for improvement.
* Assist in providing STIG verification, DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) support on all applicable federal IT systems and programs scheduled for IA accreditation.
* Support the development of the cybersecurity requirements into the System Requirements Specification (SRS) and other derivative product specifications (e.g. A-level specification, B-level specification).
* Analyze current and proposed architecture, system Concept of Operations and other system design documentation at various levels of maturity to derive cybersecurity requirements.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
* High School diploma or GED. Completed the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties: Professional Software Engineering Master (PSEM)/ Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), CISCO Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), etc.).
* Three (3) years of Department of Defense Computerized System experience, to include: Test and Evaluation, Network Protocols, LAN administration fundamentals, and UNIX and Windows based operating system.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
* Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
* Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
* Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
The salary range for this position is between $95,000 - $110,000.
Keywords: Ukpeagvik Inupiat, Charleston , Senior Cyber Security Analyst, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
here to apply!