IT Production Support Specialist
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we're inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
As an IT Production Support Specialist within Corporate IT, your primary responsibility will be eliminating, mitigating and managing vulnerabilities in our Corporate IT production and lower environments. The ideal candidate will have experience with Windows and Linux environments, have a broad background including physical and cloud servers, networks and storage. Experience with vulnerability scanning and automated patching is a plus.
This role may require on-call support and will require at times for you to work during nights and weekends.
What you'll be doing:
- Track, report, and remediate Windows OS, Linux, and 3rd party vulnerabilities on servers, networks, and other infrastructure.
- Analyze data from multiple data sources to ensure that we have complete coverage of our vulnerability scanning
- Develop comprehensive reporting on all vulnerabilities ensuring visibility into patching progress
- Develop and improve ongoing process for managing steps in the vulnerability management process including task assignments, reporting requirements, ongoing mitigations, and escalations
- Work with the Security Operations, Security Engineering, IT Operations, and IT Desktop Support teams as needed to effectively manage this program
- Track end of life software; develop and execute plans to upgrade environments in advance of these EOL events.
- Follow support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts. These include Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Follow documented standards and policy set forth by IT Governance and IT Security.
What we'll want you to have:
- 5+ years relevant work experience along with academic or military background in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, or relevant subject.
- Experience with Networking (Routing & Switching), Storage, MS Active Directory, Virtualization, and Disaster Recovery
- Experience with Hardware Platforms: Cisco UCS/ HP / Dell / Firewalls etc.
- Experience configuring Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and troubleshooting WSUS communication
- Experience with fundamentals of MS Azure Cloud Services
- Experience with supporting production operations and working complex issues to closure
- Ability to collaborate with a team working across multiple locations.
- Ability and willingness to work a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collate and interpret data from various sources.
What we'll prefer you to have:
- Experience with Nexpose and SolarWinds Patch Manager is a plus
- Experience with ITIL, ITSM a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow a plus
Preferred Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
- CCNA, MCSE, VMware, Security, Certified Scum Master
- ITIL Intermediate Level Certification or equivalent experience
- Six Sigma or Lean practitioner
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes' Fast Tech 25 and Fortune's Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Blackbaud, Charleston , IT Production Support Specialist, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!