Multifamily Director of Construction
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Multifamily Director of Construction
If you are a Multifamily Director of Construction with experience,
please read on!
Based out of Charleston, SC, we are a Luxury Apartment Community
owner/builder who has been built on the financial strength and
entrepreneurial spirit of our company, one of the nation's leading
Multifamily builders. Our Multifamily division has quickly emerged
as a leader in the development of luxury rental communities
From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to restoring
historic locations, Our Construction is proud of its adaptive
approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its commitment to
building great neighborhoods for people to call home.
Our Development supports our company as we grow. Whether presenting
new opportunities to explore, assessing the next community we're
building, or planning for needed resources, our Development team
builds collaborative bridges across the entire company.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide leadership for all on-site personnel and to manage all
aspects of the pre-construction and construction of each assigned
- Director of Construction is responsible for support and
supervision of all on-site construction and land development,
including budget, scheduling, quality assurance and safety on the
job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and
relevant building codes.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Superintendent.
- Provide construction input to design professionals
- Pre-development input of construction techniques and cost.
- Provide oversight for value engineering for all pre-development
- Establishment of all final construction documents, schedules, and
- Manage options list and provide coordination and accurate pricing
- Assist estimating department with providing qualified trades for
the bidding process.
- Coordinate with plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor
- Manage compilation of GC provided GMP documents.
Course of Construction:
- Responsible for individual projects from start to finish.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project
- Organize and run project meetings.
- Regularly update the project schedule with Project Manager.
- Manage subcontractor change orders.
- Review and approve entire subcontractor's and supplier's pay
- Analyze job costs and manage the project to the closing
- Help Project Managers resolve issues on project level.
- Log and distribute new project documentation.
- Resolve subcontractor disputes
- Provide documentation and direct Contract Manager in compiling
subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee project setup.
- Provide assistance to Vice President in all legal matters related
to assigned projects.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager,
Contracts Manager, and Project Engineer.
- Oversight on a day to day of all on-site construction
- Evaluate performance of project team members.
- Ensure project and subs are in compliance with company safety
- Promote safety on assigned projects and evaluate subcontractor's
work to monitor compliance with company safety standards.
- Completion and close-out of the project and the acceptance of
each project by the Owner.
- Address the warranty issues and complete final documentation.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager.
- Assist Safety Director by representing the Company on OSHA
inspections when necessary.
- Provide Safety Director with reports on projects when
What You Need for this Position
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Support and oversee international construction. We are not
self-performing outside of the US yet, so this person will be
essentially acting as an Owner's rep and will be responsible for
helping our global platform grow.
- No direct reports but will need to 'manage' and influence people
- Multifamily experience is required but we do not require
- Need someone that is process orientated - looking at systems,
guidelines, lessons learned etc. We see this person coming from a
project management, preconstruction, operations background, not
from the field.
- Travel will be around 1 week/month to the likes of London, China,
Australia, Mexico and Brazil.
- We will relocate.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field is
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in construction with at least 5
years in multifamily construction is required.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to
analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software,
including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid
state approved driver's license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle
for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to
take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of
urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure,
construction level, calculator, and etc.
What's In It for You
We are willing to offer excellent compensation projects
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
So, if you are a Multifamily Director of Construction with
experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: CyberCoders, Charleston , Multifamily Director of Construction, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!