Posted on: August 15, 2019
Hiring Journeyman Electrician In Charleston SC Helpers with 2 years
experience also needed Licensed & Unlicensed Per-diem not available
for Charleston project Position Summary: Installs, repairs, and
maintains motors, transformers, generators, lights, appliances,
circuits, wiring, and other electrical system equipment and
components in compliance with electrical codes, standards, and
regulations. Operates a variety of electrical testing equipment in
locating and determining types of electrical malfunctions. Studies
plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine work
requirement and sequence of installations. Essential Job Functions
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic
wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand
tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components,
using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a
breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to
identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair,
and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment
could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in
electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices
such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure
compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment
and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair
electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location
of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction
equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment
including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment,
such as motors.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand
tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or
repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place raceways inside designated partitions, walls, or other
concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the
conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to
lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially
unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Pay
starting at $24 Hourly Must be able to work 40-60 Hours Weekly Job
Type: Full-time Salary: $24.00 /hour with room for advancement
Electrical Apprentice,Commercial Apprentice Electricians
Keywords: PeopleReady, Charleston , Commercial Electricians, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!