Warehouse Operator - Part Time
Company: DSV Air & Sea Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Location: USA SC Charleston Charleston Regional Pkwy
Job Posting Title: Warehouse Operator - Part Time
PART TIME WORK AVAILABLE ON ALL SHIFTS: SCHEDULES ARE BELOW -
PLEASE IDENTIFY HOURS WITHIN THESE SHIFTS THAT YOU ARE CONSISTENTLY
AVAILABLE TO WORK.
* A Shift is Days -Tuesday through Friday from 6AM - 4:30 PM
* B Shift is Weekend Days- Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 6 AM -
* C Shift is Night Shift - Tuesday through Friday from 5PM - 3:30
* D Shift is Weekend Nights - Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 6PM
- 6:30 AM
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for operating a forklift and
other material handling equipment for the purpose of shipping,
receiving, and picking. Activities may include but are not limited
to: loading or unloading, scanning, moving, staging, replenishing,
and stacking product. This individual is also responsible for
counting and inspecting product, and notifying leadership when
there are damages or discrepancies. These Associates are
accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment
and will be expected to perform all duties as assigned.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company
objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality.
Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The shipping functions include but are not limited to: using a
gas or electric powered forklift to load outbound shipments, move
product, and stack products or materials. Associates must
efficiently and accurately load orders according to the appropriate
doors and trailers. All shipping functions will be processed as
defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
* The receiving functions include but are not limited to: using a
gas or electric powered forklift to unload inbound shipments, move
product, replenish, stack and store products or materials.
Associates must efficiently and accurately locate and place
products in the appropriate storage areas. All receiving functions
will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating
* The picking functions include but are not limited to: using a gas
or electric powered forklift to accurately pick orders to fulfill
client demands. Associates must efficiently and accurately pick
products and stage in the appropriate areas. Associates will stack,
package, band, shrink wrap, and label product(s) as determined by
client requirements. All picking functions will be processed as
defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
QUALITY CONTROL RESPONSIBILITIES
* The quality control functions include but are not limited to:
using the appropriate documentation to ensure that all products and
orders are received, handled, and shipped correctly. Associates
will verify that products and/or orders meet quality standards,
including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Associates will
stack, package, shrink wrap, and label product(s). All quality
control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard
SAFETY, HOUSEKEEPING, AND COMPLIANCE
* All associates are responsible for executing all safety protocols
and will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety.
Associates are responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of
the facility. Associates must also maintain a clean, neat, orderly
work area, and assist in security of the warehouse. Associates will
comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site
specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/MSDS Standards.
* In performing assigned duties the equipment used can include but
is not limited to: sit-down, stand-up, reach truck, sweeper
scrubber, scissor lift, cherry picker, Aisle Master or pallet
* Associates are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and
reporting of equipment problems.
* On a daily basis, associates will inspect and perform minor
maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
* Associates will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient
manner following prescribed work methods.
* Associates must maintain an active forklift certification.
* Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Must have a High school diploma or general education degree
* 6 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant
* Able to operate MHE
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS OR PROFESSIONAL
* Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Basic computer skills
* RF Scanners
* WMS functions
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product,
count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling,
storing and distributing client products.
* Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a
stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
* 1-3 years experience working in a
* 1-3 years forklift experience.
* Current or prior MHE certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her
hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach
with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The
employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision
requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs while following proper lifting
procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED
ABOVE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE AN EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS WHILE
PERFORMING THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE
ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are
considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color,
national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status,
marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national
origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require
special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with
DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are
interested in learning the status of your application, please note
you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources
contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV
reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV GLOBAL TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport
and logistics industry. 60,000 employees in more than 90 countries
work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and
Keywords: DSV Air & Sea Inc., Charleston , Warehouse Operator - Part Time, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!