Posted on: October 13, 2019
Hiring Journeyman Electrician In Charleston SC
Helpers with 2 years experience also needed
Licensed & Unlicensed
Per-diem not available for Charleston--project--
Installs, repairs, and maintains motors, transformers, generators,
lights, appliances, circuits, wiring, and other electrical system
equipment and components in compliance with electrical codes,
standards, and regulations. Operates a variety of electrical
testing equipment in locating and determining types of electrical
malfunctions. Studies plans, drawings, specifications, and work
orders to determine work requirement and sequence of
Essential Job Functions
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic
wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand
tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components,
using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a
breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to
identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair,
and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment
could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in
electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices
such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure
compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment
and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair
electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location
of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction
equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment
including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment,
such as motors.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand
tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or
repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place raceways inside designated partitions, walls, or other
concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the
conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to
lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially
unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Pay starting at $24--Hourly
Must be able to work 40-60 Hours Weekly
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00--/hour with room for advancement--JB.0.00.LN
Electrical Apprentice,Commercial Apprentice Electricians
Keywords: PeopleReady, Charleston , Commercial Electricians, Professions , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!