Agent, Guest Servs
Company: La Quinta by Wyndham Charleston - Riverview
Posted on: November 19, 2021
La Quinta by Wyndhamis now seeking aAgent, Guest Servs to join
our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Charleston - Riverview
location in Charleston,South Carolina.Job SummaryThe Guest Service
Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and
efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their
stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and
occupancy.Education & Experience
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer experience required.
- Customer Services experience preferred.Physical Requirements
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.General Requirements
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.Fundamental
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that
all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
- Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and
hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to
guests and meeting rooms.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants,
transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as
listed in the Red Book.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the
shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification
report, and housekeeping report.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift
according to hotel standards.
- Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.COMPANY OVERVIEW:Wyndham
Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a
leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across
9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most
diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic
brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the
business, make hotel travel possible for all.Our hotel owners are
the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday
travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our
robust portfoliodistinguished by our leading economy and midscale
brandsdelivers just that.We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by
Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and
Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn
Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns &
Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada
Worldwide by Wyndham, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection
by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by
Wyndham, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and
Resorts.Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the
globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham
Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members
worldwide.Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer.Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham Charleston -
Riverview,11 Ashley Pointe Drive,Charleston,South Carolina
29407Employment Status: Full-time
Keywords: La Quinta by Wyndham Charleston - Riverview, Charleston , Agent, Guest Servs, Sales , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!