Overnight Guest Service Agent
Company: Salamander Hospitality
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Attend to guest needs, including but not limited to, guest
registration, check-out and cashiering.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
- Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation,
address, and credit information.
- Promote the Guest Loyalty Program and provide recognition and
benefits to all present members.
- Accept payment for guests' accounts both at the time of
registration and at checkout.
- Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of
- Cash checks and exchange currency for guests.
- Answer phone in a timely manner.
- Respond & process requests for late check outs, room changes,
lock-outs, billing inquiries, movie & internet issues, and
extension of stay.
- Keep activity log updated to allow for proper follow-up.
- Ensure guest satisfaction, utilizing the empowerment
certificates when appropriate.
- Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes.
- Post miscellaneous charges as requested
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist in handling mail and facsimiles and providing guest with
information regarding hotel facilities and local attractions.
- Book reservations for those guests who approach the Front Desk.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
Education and Experience
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment,
communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept
constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with
interruptions. Physical Requirements
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate
and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 4
hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other
departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine,
multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines,
photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All
aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence,
performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law. Salamander is a
drug-free workplace and participant in E-Verify.
Keywords: Salamander Hospitality, Charleston , Overnight Guest Service Agent, Sales , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...